Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Stag and Doe or Raffle

Melissa, on February 11, 2020 at 12:47 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
We were planning on having a stag and doe to raise money for the wedding but we received some very generous and early gifts from our family to help pay for the wedding so now it's not really necessary for us to have a stag.... It's just another thing for me to plan and spend more money on. We already have prizes like a Tv, Google home, Google Chromecast and alcohol so I was thinking of just doing a raffle. But is this lame? Help!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on February 12, 2020 at 17:35
  • M
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was my original plan but then I'd have to get a liquor license and permit from my town. Plus rent a tent incase it downpours!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have a house stag and doe and dont go all out so youre spending thousands!! just do somethign at a house in the backyard with food drinks and games and people will come!

• Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds great. A stag doesnt have to be anything crqzy, i literally just want a girls day with some high tea and charcuterie at home, some good wine, tea, and have a good day
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like a great way to make a little extra cash without all the stress of planning the event.
  • Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im doing a beer for a year raffle.... as I didn't want to do a lot of planning. you could use your prizes for the raffle. and tickets are cheap to order online and it really takes no effort at all. I did a lot of thinking before I decided to do this as stag and does are very popular where I live. but when it came to cost and time I decided it wasn't worth it

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Knowing how much work a Wedding Social is - I would say the easier option for sure would be a raffle. Maybe just have it through a FB page? Not lame, just have to figure out a way of doing it without it being too difficult for people to participate.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would totally just do a raffle if that's an option. Stag and does are so much work!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics