Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie November 2022 Ontario

Stag and Doe!

Sara, on March 8, 2022 at 18:57 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

Hi everyone! Im planning to have a stag and doe before the wedding, I'm just here to ask about appropriate ticket prices. now in the past I've been to many their ticket prices were $10. since covid is here and prices have gone up over the years for things. I was thinking about $15 or 2 for $25 so i was hoping for some unbiased opinions on if this would be ok. thanks for everyone's time! happy weddings Smiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kayla, on October 26, 2022 at 22:35
  • K
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jenn, this is a few months later but I thought I would give you a shot with this question! Our event is this weekend, but we are struggling to see how blackjack is going to be profitable? It seems risky and if the goal is to come out with a profit, is blackjack the way to go for one of the games?

Thank you so much if you have any insight!

Kayla

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont know if I'd raise the price of the entry tickets. There are SO many people that will pay $10 for a ticket that have no intention of going. Your bridal party and parents may be able to sell tickets to their friends even if they can't come if you keep it reasonable. I buy tickets from coworkers all the time. I have bought a ticket from a couple because they were at the pizza place ordering pizza for their stag and doe. I told them I'd buy a ticket to help them out for $10 sure $25 doubtful...you may find that it's harder to get people interested in going at all if the price to get in is too high. Most people go to a stag and doe knowing how much they will spend if your door prize is cheaper they'll just buy more if they want. I think if that price is too much you could lose out on a bunch of income from random strangers. Just my opinion anyway.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to a few where guests don't need to buy an entry ticket and buy tickets for raffles, auctions, booze etc

Best of luck!

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sara,

I think $15 is fair with a discount for 2 works. When it comes to a Stag & Doe, it's also about pricing everything else about the event, properly too (Drink tickets, tickets for "auction," etc.), and have door prizes, auction items that are awesome enough that people want to spend that $$ on tickets/Toonie Toss/BlackJack/ or whatever else you and your bridal party has planned to raise funds.

I have quite a bit of experience planning (leading) Stag&Doe events, so feel free to message me if you have any questions, need ideas, or are curious about what pricing we had used in the past for some of items above Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics