Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam
Curious October 2020 Ontario

Stag and doe

Sam, on August 22, 2019 at 18:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
For people who did have stag and does how far before your wedding did you have it, also how long before that did you start selling tickets?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on August 23, 2019 at 20:20
  • Sam
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the info everyone! I wanted to do a theme on a holiday but was worried it was too far before the wedding. This is great 😁😁
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a great idea!! Love it 💕
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a New Year's Eve social, so it was 9 months before the wedding. We really wanted to do it on a holiday where people were already looking for something to do, so it was a good option, with cheap drinks and dancing.

Lots of people try to plan their socials on St. Patricks, New Year's or Halloween for that reason. We wanted Halloween because everybody loves a costume party, but it would have been a whole year before the wedding, which is why we chose New Years.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my Wedding Social we had it during the "Wedding Social Season" which is in Spring time as early as February and goes until June. If not then the other popular times are Halloween and New Years.

Mine was March 29th which would be 6 months before the wedding.

We started selling tickets in December because we would be seeing lots of family for Christmas so that was 4ish months before the social and we were sold out in 3 months!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started selling tickets 8 months before the stag and doe- as soon as we booked venue we started to sell them. We booked it about 4 months before our wedding to give us a rough estimate. It all depends on if you want to do it during a certain themed time of year or what not example halloween. Honestly I would say 5-6 months prior is fine and gives you time to figure out how to come up with the rest or if you need to.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've only ever helped with stag and does I think you can have a stag and doe up to a year before, more often 4-8 months before. We started selling tickets a good 2 to 3 months before hand. Don't forget to mention your stag and doe everywhere you go I've bought stag and doe tickets from strangers in line getting pizza because they were talking about it. 😉

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Stag and Doe is coming up September 14, which is 4 months before our wedding. That may be a tad further from the wedding than some people do, but my future in laws road trip through the states during the winter and we wanted to hold our stag and doe before they left so they wouldn’t need to fly back or miss it.

We we started selling our tickets in June, so about 3 months prior to the event.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics