Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Splurging on Decor

Liberty, on October 12, 2021 at 00:17 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18
Is there any decor you are splurging on? Or did you splurge on any decor?

For me you could say I'm splurging on ceremony decor but that's because I want nothing to do with having to set up/tear down on the day of my wedding!We are DIYing all the reception decor and we have the whole day before the wedding to set up! But day of set up is the last thing I want to worry about!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 14, 2021 at 17:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Decor wasn't splurged as much as the venue and its food/bar. We did simple decor only for the reception as the rental vases/floral balls set the elegance setting for us with colour waterbeads and lights inside.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh it totally is! The chiefs there are absolutely amazing!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is definitely a splurge! But totally worth it if the food is amazing!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the same with us except our venue is providing the food which is why we're paying almost 85 dollars a plate but the food is totally worth it!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Food and venue are definitely worth the splurge! We sorta splurged on food. We went with the most affordable cater I could find but we got their highest package so we get 3 meats & 5 sides! But their highest package was still $4-5 cheaper than most catering companies in my town!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I really didn't splurge on any decor really. Our biggest amounts of money are for our venue and food

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I cant wait to see what it looks like on our wedding daya
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the perfect thing though. Having a large white area makes it look large and bright. So I am sure what ever you decide will look lovely!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will be beautiful! It's nice when you don't have to add much for decor! Our venue is basically a big white room but I don't plan on adding much decor
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not splurging on décor, instead we chose to splurge on a venue. Some are okay with a cheaper venue and spend a lot of money on décor and flowers, whereas we would rather already have a gorgeous venue where all we need to do is bring the flowers and everything ties together.

Example, all the tent venues we have checked out so far have all come with basic décor, whether it be string lights and chandeliers, some green vines, and with gorgeous tables and chairs so I would only need to bring a table runner and some flowers for the centerpieces and call it a day.

I have a very modern, minimalistic look in my head and I can't wait to see it all come together.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely worth splurging on something you can use as home decor!
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably our biggest splurge will be a custom metal sign to hang at the ceremony and later in our home.

Everything else is deals, and low cost and DIY as it can be.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good call IMO! Food is one of the most important things!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We penny pinched on the decor and put the funds towards more food lol. But our venue had natural scenery and lighting that it didn't require much to elevate the space. And we didn't feel the need to go super big.

I did consider Carmel's hurricane candle idea at one point when we were still in winter wedding planning stage but once we opted for a late summer/fall outdoor wedding, we scrapped it and put that money towards more food.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think food is one of the most important things! Definitely worth the splurge!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The giant LOVE letters always look soo good in pics!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't splurged on anything really decor wise....I think the only splurge was going to the highest upgrade package for dinner at our venue. We'll I guess we definitely splurged on our rings too but I see that as more of an investment. Something that we will have always.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't feel I "splurged" on anything because we ended up spending only half of our "budget" (the expected cost of our wedding) due to covid. So we did what we wanted... Did we need a giant LOVE marquee? Probably not but I got a good deal and loved it 😅. Did we need a giant floral piece on the edge of our chuppah and an extra large hand-tied bouquet? Unlikely. Did we need 150 hurricane vases and candles? Sure haha! Did we need to still get the 100 person 3-tier cake for 50 people? Absolutely! (I know that's not decor haha but sort of). I'm still so in love with how everything turned out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics