Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Speeches

Marcia, on July 14, 2018 at 17:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

Who all will be saying a speech at your wedding? I have a few family members that all want to say a speech. So i'm debating how to decide who should say a speech or should I include them all. It can get boring (IMO) with too many speeches in a row. Also I thought I'd share my favourite reception speech I've ever seen, enjoy LOL!

Best Brother Wedding Speech Kills Crowd (hilarious ending!)

14 Comments

Latest activity by Susan, on November 1, 2018 at 07:46
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we will only be having our parents each make a speech and ourselves. I hate being the centre of attention and too many speeches would definitely make me uncomfortable. I have 5 of my closest friends/sisters getting ready with me in the morning and have said if they want to do one we can do it while we have brunch/champagne to me that would be more intimate and special.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All the members of our wedding party made speeches plus our parents and us. We gave everyone a time limit though so that it wouldn't feel long.

• Ilish
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Ilish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having the friend who introduced us to make a speech along with MOH/BM and parents.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one thing I haven't really planned out. I will definitely say a speech at our reception. Then state that anyone can say a few words during the dinner. Its a small wedding party so it would be easy for speeches. My sister went to a wedding and said that they had an open mike for anyone to go up and say anything.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t want anyone to say a speech but I lost that battle so we did a compromise. Just my maid of honour and the best man and parents. That is it oh and of course us.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that video! So far my MOH, best man, my aunt, and we will all be doing speeches. You could always suggest a few funny moments to liven up the mood. Lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had 3 speeches and 1 not said due to forgotten mind. Both MOHs and myself on behalf of my husband. My Best Man was to be say something.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us it's : both sets of parents are giving a welcome to the family speech, my sister is doing a toast to the bride, his bestman is doing a toast to the groom for the groomsmen, and we'll do a thankyou. No other speeches.

An option is to see if they want to do a speech together or let them know you only have time for 1 speech per side and so they can decide to give one together or write one together and just have 1 come up and give it on behalf of everyone. Or have people stand up and speak at the rehearsal dinner the night before if your doing.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sis, his bro have a speech. my FH and I have one as well- that's it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having a lot of speeches. Our parents and siblings if they want to, best man and maid of honour. That's it. I also think too much speeches is too much and can get boring.
  • Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't think anyone will make a speech at ours.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That was an awesome speech a little long. At my cousins wedding they had the speaches after dinner. I think we will be doing this because then people don’t get antsy or wrestles getting hungry for food if speaches go longer. We will probably start the reception with a speach from us thanking everyone and explaining the importance of the day to celebrate our daughter Rowan who I miss carried last year July.

I know I have 2 maid of honours who will be making speaches separately. The best man and we still don’t know who it will be because the one guy he choose to be his best man has refused to meet me and only met me 5 months ago. So unless that drastically changes by August then he won’t be in the wedding party. I know my mom wants to make a speach, and I know his mom and aunties plan to sing a song not sure if his parents will do a speach. Or if my dad will want to do a speach. I have 5 brothers and 3 sisters, my mom only had 2 of us. So not sure if they will want to speak or not. I’m planning like what my cousin had at her wedding was after the wedding party speaches they opened the floor to everyone to share a few minute speach.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having the BM, MOH, father of the bride, mother of the groom and then ourselves making speeches. Anyone else who wants to make a speech we have invited them to speak at the rehearsal dinner and they seem to enjoy this (if there is a lot of them then we will have some make speeches at the brunch the following morning)
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol omg he is SO funny! It was a little long but really good!! Our speeches will be made by the maid of honour, best man, brides parents, grooms parents and the bride and groom. I know our MC’s will have a few stories to add as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics