Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie September 2017 Manitoba

Speech

Shanice, on February 6, 2017 at 21:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
I am a bit unsure of what to do in the current position I am in... I just asked my soon to be sister-in-law to be my maid of honor... I know she will be able to be there for me the entire time and help me with everything, however I have only recently started to be close with her and I know her speech will be very vague and likely more about my fiance than me.. I am wanting to ask my bridesmaid who I have known half my life to write the speech instead... I want to know if people think this is okay to do so, or if I should just stick to the maid of honor to write the speech.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on February 7, 2017 at 07:14
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lindsey and Melissa are right! I think if you just ask your bridesmaid your MOH might be hurt
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Shanice! Welcome to the community! I'm so happy you're asking for our opinion Smiley heart I agree with the lovely laides in here. It could be a good idea to include them both! Or maybe have them say the speech together? Smiley smile Do they know each other well enough?

I'm so happy to hear you're having bridesmaids! Did you start dress shopping with them? That could be a fun thing to do together! Bridesmaids Accessories to Mix & Match

6 + 1 bridesmaids dresses in purple

Do your bridesmaids all know each other?

How many bridesmaids will you have? Have many already know each other? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think Lindsey is right....Maybe you can ask both of them to say a few words. Smiley smile
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Lindsey! I see nothing wrong with asking both to say a few words. I would ask them to keep things short, because when speeches go on too long people do lose interest, no matter how heartfelt they are.

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you not do both? Smiley smile I know some people get bored with the speeches but if you ask both to keep it on the shorter end you can hear from both of them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics