Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Special event permit (liquor permit)

Sarah, on June 3, 2021 at 18:45 Posted in British Columbia 0 2
Help!I have been on hold for over 2 hours with the special event permit board for 2 very simple questions before I hit submit on my application.Question 1Smiley laughoes anyone know if I click NO for the will children be in the service area if that means they won’t be behind/beside the bar or does that also cover the hall where the booze is being served?We will have kids at the wedding but will have the bar somewhat blocked off and no children will be in behind it.

Question 2: when putting my estimated drinks into their calculator thingy so they can figure out how much more PST to charge their calculator said I was more than 25% over the recommended amounts.I am going based off what our bartender suggested.Their calculator things for a 75 person wedding I should only have 68 drinks 😳😳😳What are the odds of me getting approved if it’s over 25% what they think it should be?We have hotel rooms booked including an extra room for anyone that needs it and will be paying for taxis and will also be inviting anyone’s designated drivers as a plus one.We are working on a safety plan and will have extra liability insurance I just don’t want to pay for the license if they are going to deny me.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 17, 2021 at 18:17
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good to know!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish we could delete these as they finally answered the phone!So the answer to my first question is that anytime there is alcohol in a premises it becomes the service area so because we are having kids at the wedding I need to say yes.As for the drink estimator it’s all sorted out I was confused and should have put 75 in both slots and not the 6 people I put down for being in the service area at once lol.The guy even said the way it’s worded on the site needs to be fixed.Now fingers crossed that we get approved 🤞🤞🤞

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics