Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Songs for parent dances!

Lynnie, on November 27, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22
Saved

Are you doing a special dance with your mom or dad at your wedding reception? What song are you dancing to?

Songs for parent dances! 1

Photo from West Coast Wilderness Lodge in Egmont, BC

Songs for parent dances! 2

Photo from Perpetual Rhythms Entertainment Services in Toronto

Need song help? We've got you covered! The Best Father-Daughter Wedding Songs , The Best Mother-Son Wedding Songs , 30 Songs by The Beatles You Need to Play at Your Wedding

22 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on January 30, 2019 at 01:18
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute

My dad and his mom will be choosing the songs that we dance to. I'm so excited because it will be a surprise to us!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute

My dad loves Eric Clapton, so I thought 'Wonderful Tonight' would be a cute surprise for our father/daughter dance.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    Mother and sons dance to the song " A Mother's song by Jim Brickman

Songs for parent dances! 3

Songs for parent dances! 4
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I have both my dads brothers attending and 1 is more frail but I will be dancing with the other. I'm dancing with both brothers bc 1 will bw walking me down the aisle. My youngest is the spitting image of my father so it will be with Luther Vandross song. My uncle it will be a song he chooses that he and my father loved.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    Father daughter dance part 1 - Craig Cardiff
  • Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

May I ask how you did a tribute song? I am trying to think of a way to honour my dad at my wedding. Did your husband and you dance to it? Or was it open to everyone?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute

We danced with our moms to Small Bump by Ed Sheeran.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    Neither of our Moms will be present so we have a tribute song for them. Angel - Sarah McLaughlin and for my dad I will dance with my baby brother to Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

This was one of my contenders, but I went with Tim McGraw. The other was was Landslide by Fleetwood Mac. I had the hardest time finding the one for my husband since neither of them wanted to be the one to pick the song. The struggle is real, ladies!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute

My fiance will be doing a dance with his mom and he will also be doing the father/daughter dance with my daughter. My dad won't be there (too much family drama to even bother inviting him). We haven't chose songs yet though.

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute

I love "I Hope You Dance" for a father daughter dance. It's got a country feel so great for any country brides (I am not, however, so I've vetoed it and haven't found a cover I like yet).

• Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    My dad & I will dance to “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ah My Wish is such a good one!! Totally forgot about that! I'll have to keep it in mind when I'm picking mine.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    It's so hard to pick songs I find!! They are reflecting on big moments in your life that have shaped you. I'm definitely following as well because I love to hear other people's ideas.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    I’m totally following this just cause the more song ideas, the better! I have a couple of songs I know I want to include, but I don’t have specific songs figured out yet
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    Following as I need some ideas!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Great Choice 👌 love that song
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    I danced with my dad to Love You Forever by Ryan Huston as it holds such great significance to us. My husband danced with his mom to It Happens In A Heartbeat. Not sure who the artist is
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute

I had a father daughter dance with my dad and my step-dad. My dad's song was Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle, and my step-dad's song was My Wish by Rascal Flatts. My husband danced with his mom and their song was Stand by me I think..

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    Yes we will be! Possibly the same song, we are still contemplating this idea though! Not sure our song yet! We're still putting together our DJ list.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute

My dad and I danced to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw and my husband and his mom danced to "Days like this" by Van Morrison

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart with Lyrics

My dad and I are dancing to "You'll Be in my Heart" by Phil Collins Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics