Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Song requests - yea or nay?

Lynnie, on October 26, 2017 at 16:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

Will you asking your guests for song requests? Or letting your guests make song requests directly to the band or dj? Who's keeping total control over their playlist and who is letting the guests go at it?

Will your guests be able to make song requests? Yea or nay?

Song requests - yea or nay? 1

Photo from Pinterest

giphy.gif

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 25, 2018 at 17:54
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guests directly requested the DJ to play the song of choice which was cool. It was disappointing to hear such vulgar songs towards the end of the last 2 hours. I should have notified the DJ to decline such songs to play.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a song request as part of the RSVP, but we will allow song requests during the wedding too. Why have a DJ or music if people aren't going to get up and dance because the music selected isn't to the liking of our guests.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No requests in the invitations! We will have a main list we give our DJ and she will do some song requests with guests.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not having a DJ--we're just putting together our own playlist, so guests won't be able to make requests.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We asked guests to request 3 songs on a website our dj provided for us, and then it was also open at the reception for guests to make request!

• Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes Will be a lying for song request one invitations get sent out
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made up a playlist for the DJ but he was open to any requests from our guests.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We created the entire wedding playlist ourselves. No requests but people did end up going through the playlist and picking songs to play instead of just letting it play.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just let people request stuff directly at the DJ. We also had a DO not play list and a must play list. Basically all group dances (ymca, cha cha slide, macarena, etc) and all country music were on the do not play list lol. A lot of people requested stuff. Even obscure stuff like My Chemical Romance and Marianas Trench. It was definitely a millenial wedding lol.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I put a song request on the RSVP - we had 50/50 responses.
    I was able to make a do not play list/ MUST play list etc before the event so they would know what was wanted -- we allowed some requests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics