Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lesley
Beginner August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador

Song help!

Lesley, on May 25, 2019 at 07:18 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Hi everyone!
I'm having a really hard time picking a song for our dance with our parents. We are combining the dance so I dance with my father the same time my groom dances with his mom Smiley smile
We are trying to find something not too sappy(lol), not too country either(lol), not countey at all if possible! But welcome too all suggestions! Thank you!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on May 27, 2019 at 23:12
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do either My Wish by rascal flats or You’ll Be in My Heart by Phil Collins. They are both beautiful songs that work from any parent to their child
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was actually one of my top picks, until my dad vetoed it.

Love that song!

• Lesley
    Beginner August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks!!
    I actually just found a nice song called A Life's that's good by Lenon and Maisy! What do you all think of this one?

https://youtu.be/e3wF_N2WdP4
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH are still debating not only what songs to use but if we will use the same one - the one song I have yet to run by my Dad but that I'm leaning towards is Slow Down by Nichole Nordeman, I find all of the possible father/mother daughter/son songs to be sappy though so I'm not sure if this one would be too much for ya

Song help!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're also combining the parent/kid dance. Here are the ones we're debating between:

What a wonderful world; The way you look tonight; Stand by me; Unforgettable; Lean on me

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea. do you have a DJ? maybe you could have them play a mash up of 2 songs so you get a little of both during the dance. I love A Simple Man but there's definitely more a son and mother song..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics