Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Newbie April 2019 Ontario

Social prizes

Rachael, on September 3, 2018 at 11:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 3
We are having our wedding social in October and are having a really hard time finding social prizes. Especially items for grand prizes. I’m just wondering how everyone else rounded up their items besides putting in a ton of cash or bleeding your bridal party dry.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Martie, on September 21, 2018 at 17:50
  • Martie
    Beginner November 2018 Manitoba
    Martie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were able to use our PC Points to buy $400 of meat as a grand prize (it went over really well!) and we were lucky in the sense that our parents had lots of Airmiles points they cashed in for other prizes as well.

I did give my wedding party a donation letter to see if they would be able to ask any businesses they might know would donate, but never said they had to provide a prize.

Another way was to re-purpose social prizes we or others may have won in the past and didn't need.

Think about asking the businesses you're using for the wedding to see if they would donate something too. We received a piece of jewelry from where my FH bought my engagement ring.

Hope those help!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't want to ask too much of bridal party either. I just told them whatever they are able and willing to contribute, we appreciate. So if they want to do a whole prize, or if they want to do filler things to add to a prize, great. I did ask them if they could each donate either a bottle of wine or a case of beer, because we can add those items to a few prizes and people will be excited about them because free booze!

You're not alone in the prize stress. I don't like asking people for things and wheeling and dealing for free stuff. I've come to realize that anything that's a grand prize, we'll probably have to buy. You just have to be smart about it and get things on sale. Summer stuff is on huge clearance now. My fiance used to work at a bike shop, so his old boss is going to sell us a bike at cost which is amazing. I also took advantage of the Kate Spade 75% off sale and got a purse for a grand prize.

Know anybody that has season tickets to Jets games? see if they're willing to donate a pair of tickets? Use up them Sephora points for makeup and skincare items. Credit card points like Tori said.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One thing that me and my FH will be doing is using our points from our credit cards - we should be able to get at least 1 grand prize (hopefully).

Other than asking and hoping for the best from places and our family and friends we will probably have to pay now and make it back from the social. My friends brother's social is this October and she said that they spent $500 is social prizes (but of course socials make more than that back - especially Halloween socials).

Did you already ask all of the vendors that you will be using? Gone and distributed a bunch of letters everywhere?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics