Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Adrianna
Beginner September 2020 Ontario

Social Distancing Wedding Photos

Adrianna, on August 5, 2020 at 13:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi All!

Is everyone planning on being socially distant for wedding photos?

My bridesmaid just asked me - and to be honest I didn't even think of it. I was hoping to get some pictures with my bridesmaids (non distant). Is that terrible of me to ask them? In Ontario our case numbers are low, and in the particular area we are getting married in, there have been minimal cases. I didn't think this would be an issue and now im panicking a bit.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alison, on August 6, 2020 at 19:50
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sadly, we’ll only be doing socially distant photos this year (we postponed the big wedding to next year and are having a small ceremony this year). My fiancé and I have our parents in our “bubble” and they’re both a bit older and more high risk, so for us it’s not worth it. Our friends all completely understand as we’ve only been doing social distance visits with them the whole time. They’re also not standing up with us this year as we’re saving that for next year. We spoke with our photographer and he seemed to actually be excited to experiment with creative ideas so it doesn’t seem weird 🙂
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would see how the girls and you feel about it. But personally, I know my wedding party and I (hoping to get married in October of this year) are totally going to have close shots and not worry about the distancing.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask my Bridesmaids, but my girls are also super laid back and I see them often now that we are in stage 3 - So its not TOO big of a deal to them.
    Possibly talk to them about if they WOULD be ok with it? If they say not really, then come up with a way to stage photos where it LOOKS like you are all close by.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the rules where you're at you may be able to get closer photos with your wedding party. In NS we are allowed to gather in groups of 10 or less without social distancing, which is the size of our friend group (and wedding party) so we've already been hanging out with them in close proximity. We've postponed our big wedding and won't have our friends standing with us for our elopement but they will be present as witnesses and guests

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re worried about covid, there are some really nice ways you can stage distanced photos, especially if enhanced by a nice backdrop. Your best bet would be to chat with your photographer to see if they have ideas in mind or view pictures on social media of your space.
    I know for ours, there’s just us and our two MOHs, so we’re not too concerned, but depending on how individual members of your party feel might affect how you take your shots.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics