Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Curious June 2020 British Columbia

Social distanced ceremony Anyone?

Beah, on April 30, 2020 at 11:58 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
Anyone do a social distanced ceremony or are you planning to? What was it like or what are your plans for how things will go? Trying to decide if we will continue or postpone. Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 4, 2020 at 20:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not sure. ive seen people do it and i dont know if i just want to be surrounded my computer screens.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to be married May 23, we recently were able to obtain a marriage license from a local municipality and continued with our luck and had our wedding last weekend.

Considering the circumstances it went incredibly well! We had our witnesses, minister, parents from a distance and video chatted in some immediate family. Did our ceremony, popped some champagne and did a cake cut, then porch delivered cake to family locally.
    While it’s definitely not what we had planned it is definitely a stress relief! We’re still planning to do a vow renewal, dinner and celebration with our family and friends at a later date, where we can wear our actual wedding outfits (I didn’t have and still don’t have my dress because of COVID which was a bummer), our dances etc, stuff we missed out on. Reflecting on it though we feel like we’ve also lucked out because we’ll now have two days to reflect on!
  • C
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Beah,

We were supposed to have the big wedding on July 3 this year, but have postponed. But! We also want to get legally married - we've waited long enough. It's hard to plan though because things are changing so rapidly and unpredictably. But we're thinking we will have a standing ceremony with immediate family (or five or less if there is still that restriction in place). We've toyed with the idea of having it live streamed for our family and friends to watch... but I also like the idea of it just being an intimate wedding. I am however, hopeful that our wedding photographer can still come. For me, the emphasis is on making the small ceremony special - so that it's less of disappointment that we didn't get to get married the way we originally planned. For me that means looking for a new short wedding dress, having a beautiful bouquet, and having the ceremony in a picturesque location. We're hoping to actually do it outside of the church that we intended to get married at. I know a lot of ppl are just doing it on their front lawns - but even a beautiful park or maybe a friend's back yard would be better! Good luck planning.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've heard of a few with guests in the car, or very limited attendance from family and wedding party. Some people have even posted photos of their guests in the seats for their ceremony! Zoom weddings are a thing now too!

To me, the people are important so I want to be able to share our day with them. We will elope and have our reception later so that hopefully everyone can attend, and we will have some of the traditional elements then. But if you're ok with having fewer guests and if you can go without hugs, dancing, and handshakes then go for it!
    If you do decide to have the wedding with distancing I would call up your local government or officials and ask what guidelines you must follow. Like can you serve food buffet style, what is the max number you can have, can it be an indoor gathering, if not where can you have an outdoor celebration in your area. Also keep in mind that any vendors or staff count in the total head count so you need to tally the numbers with the officiant, photographer etc in mind.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard of some couples here that have done that by having their ceremony done privately on the front lawn and their families in the car parked along the curb to watch and neighbours coming out for some entertainment at the same time. They probably pushed their date to have the reception next year as a anniversary or non official wedding (as its done by a family member or friend). This is something to consider as a thought.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics