Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loegan
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Socan Fees

Loegan, on May 30, 2023 at 14:24 Posted in Ontario 0 7

I am getting married in July and our venue asked we get a socan licensing fee. The SoCan website directed me to a site called Entandem. Has anyone used this before? I am unsure of how to use the website to get the license and pay the fee. I made an account and after that I can't tell how to move forward.

Perhaps someone can walk me through how to do this?

Thanks so much!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 2, 2023 at 08:34
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's great, most venue should include is a lot of us did not know about this fee until we start planning a wedding. I learnt about it when I joined wedding wire and someone brought it up.

• Loegan
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Loegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes. I called socan and they told me my venue had the coverage so I spoke with my venue and they reassured me it's included in my venue price. I suppose the existing paperwork I was looking at was old where the venue used to ask clients to get their own license- but now they cover it. So all ended up working out thankfully.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That damn SoCan fee, I thought it was a joke. Yes if you get a DJ you need to get the SoCan fee. If you are just playing music from Spotify the SoCAn fee is already included therefore you do not need to purchase it, that's what my Venue told us. Ridiculous, I think.

• Loegan
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Loegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I messaged him too. He said he has his own music license and the socan one is strictly for the venue. I'll call the venue tomorrow to see if they can help me.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue included it in ours. If your venue won't your DJ should do it for you.
  • Loegan
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Loegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Darn. Ours didn't. We have to get it ourselves 😪
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Loegan,

Welcome to Wedding Wire, our venue included the SoCan fees in our quote.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics