Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Small intimate venue in the GTA?

Cassandra, on March 3, 2017 at 10:28 Posted in Ontario 0 11

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for smaller more intimate venues? Guest list is approx 65 people and I'm finding a lot of the places we look at are just too large to accommodate what we're looking forward. We are keeping our search around the GTA upwards through mono and out towards kawartha lakes. We would like it to be budget friendly. Looking to keep our wedding under $10,000 for everything.

Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on February 14, 2019 at 04:07
  • J
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you have any luck finding a place?

• C
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much for all the info I will check this out Smiley smile
  • A
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Chrissy,

We has the ceremony and after dinner party in the South Rooftop Patio and had the reception in the Gallery. And since there’s always a DJ every Saturday on the North patio during the summer season, we didn’t need one. We also didn’t want constant music blasting so we requested for a stereo system to be hooked up with a phone jack. My hubby make a wedding apple playlist that we played with their system. They also help with setup and takedown. I sourced all the vendors myself and negotiated and confirmed everything 6 months before the big day. We had the rings picked out and engraved probably 2-3 weeks after we were engaged.

If your headcount is small, there’s really no need for a MC. People apparently follow the bar. LOL. When the gallery bar was closed, they start to head back to the other bar they know up on the patio. I had 3 cases of wine/champagne and got back 17 untouched bottles to return to LCBO. Spoke has a $25/bottle uncorking fee which is fair. We controlled the beverage offerings and guests’ drinks were always topped off so no one felt like they needed to binge drink. Kept the bar tab super low.

Let me know if you want to know more 🙂
  • C
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HI Angel

That is a beautiful place I was looking for something similar and with that price range? did you have a DJ and and did you source out all your vendors etc. What room did you use for dinner and dancing

• A
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got married in August 2018 at the Spoke Club (downtown core in the King West Area) with a headcount of 40 (38 guests + us). The bill for venue, food (hors d'oeuvres, 3-course sit-down, after dinner platters), alcohol (we had open bar), service, decor, floral arrangements, boutonnières, crosages, floral hairpiece, favours, candy table, officiant, hair/makeup for bride/mother/motherinlaw and photographer came in at about $6500 (HST included).

So if you were to add another 25 guests for a 60 person headcount, it'd be at about $8000 (HST included). Hope that helps.

NOTE: I didn't include dress(es), rings, honeymoon, tux/suit because those things are more personal and lives beyond that one day. $8k is also a typical budget for a normal vacation to us and can't be gauged as "the norm."

Good Luck!

• C
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just curious if you ended up booking a venue, looking for the same sort of place with the same number of guests

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've previously ocme accross this one as well! It's on our list to check out! Thanks Smiley smile

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just looked it up- Love it! definetely going to consider it, thanks Smiley smile

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cassandra,

Check out the Lake House in Pickering, its down by the lake.

We are having our Rehersal dinner there and it is stunning, they have a private chef who does the meals and for your size (65 people) it would probably cost you approximately $4000, just a ballpark but i think it would be pretty close. There is an upper deck room and a larger size space downstairs.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out Sassafraz! THEIR minimum spend for the private room was under 5000$. And the coordinator was very easy to work with!
    I think your best bet will be restaurants or community halls to keep things within budget. The downside of halls is that they usually don't offer catering, and finding an outside caterer is more work for you!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cassandra! I'm super happy to read you! Smiley smile How was your weekend? Did you take a look at the venues near you in our directory? Restaurant Weddings Toronto

Park Weddings Toronto

You can filter by type of venues and could look up venues like loft or restaurants. What type of venues do you prefer? Oudoors or indoors? Smiley smile Let us know how your search goes! How you found anything interesting so far?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics