Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenc
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

Slow responses from photographer?

Jenc, on October 6, 2019 at 13:02 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Hi!

I got engaged two months ago and have jumped into wedding planning! My fiance and I love this one photographer who we contacted a month ago to shoot our wedding in August 2020.

It took them 10 days to respond to our first inquiry, which was okay - they are really busy in August/Sept so I totally understand, but trying to set-up a time to chat has been really difficult. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've heard from them. In the last email I have from them, they wanted to chat with us in the upcoming week, but I never heard back from them when I responded with a couple of different times we could chat over the phone. I sent another email a week plus later just to touch base and still no response. I was wondering if this is normal, especially if they're still busy with weddings?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jenc, on October 12, 2019 at 19:20
  • Jenc
    Jenc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, everyone! It is really great to have this support and insight! Smiley smile

We have started to look at other wedding photographers! You are right Kelly, I do not want to chase my vendors and since we have not heard from the photographer in 20 days I believe it is a sign.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm...that's weird. Usually vendors are quick to respond to potential clients (because they want your business). I've heard about vendors becoming a bit flakey once they're booked (which...I understand. if your wedding is over a year away, you're not a priority, sorry), but its strange that they're flakey before you've even booked them.

I would take this as a sign. This may be a good indication of what it will be like to work with them. Do you want to feel like you're always chasing your vendors?

Personally, I would start looking at other photographers. There are photographers out there who's work is excellent, and are easy/pleasant to work and communicate with, and who will bend over backwards trying to impress you to get your business. Find one of those.

If you're very set on this photographer though, its time to drop a "Hey I really love your work and would love to hire you, but you haven't been very responsive, and we would like to book a photographer soon. If I don't hear back from you this week, we'll have to move on."

Nothing wrong with striking a bit of fear in them that they could potentially loose your business.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm i duno any vendor that wasnt contacting me within a couple days i didnt bother meeting. all my vendors are super responsive and even given me their cell phone #'s. i dont want vendors to be ignoring me after ive paid them or if i have questions later or need to talk to them about my wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope calling them works and you get the photographer you want!

• Jenc
    Jenc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks everyone! Bianca, I sort of have mixed feelings! I do really love this photographers style and pictures! I figured it would take a while for all photographers to respond because it’s such a busy time, but all the others I have contacted have been so prompt and timely in their responses - responding within a day or less! That’s why I was sort of unsure about if its normal. I’m nervous to call them too because I don’t want to pester them... but at the same time it’s been over 2 weeks now and still haven’t heard from them 🤷🏼‍♀️ But, I think calling might be the best option like everyone said, cause I do really love their pictures.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with others who say that this is "normal", but how do you feel about it? My favourite vendors were the ones who I didn't have to hound down and respected my time. When searching for a photographer I had some that never even responded back to me! I went with one who's work I loved and who answered her emails within hours.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is normal for many vendors to take time to respond. Some of them have multiple weddings each weekend so it can be hard. Best thing to do is to give them a call and just touch base.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are probably just busy. Try reaching out again. The end of summer/ beginning of fall is a really busy time. Don't worry. Maybe just express your concerns when you reach out.
  • Jenc
    Jenc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! Glad to know it's normal

I wasn't too sure as other photographers got back to us within 48 hours (they ended up not being available tho). But, I will give them a call Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, it’s normal. Wedding season is ending and they’re probably trying to get photos out to the brides of this summer.

id call them if you’re worried - that’s how we get in touch with our photographers. It’s faster and you get an answer directly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics