Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paige
Curious October 2020 Saskatchewan

Size of Wedding

Paige, on July 17, 2020 at 11:10 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 4
Hi everyone!
I am getting married in Saskatchewan on October 3rd. We are only 2.5 months away and I am freaking out because I don’t know how many people can attend my wedding safely. Originally, we wanted to have about 180 guests for a ceremony in my parents backyard (farm) and reception in our community hall.
I really want to be able to celebrate with as many people as we safely can on our wedding day but I don’t know what to do. Should we have a small (30 guest ish) wedding and a large reception next year? Should we just keep waiting to see what happens with Covid?
Thanks in advance

4 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on October 28, 2020 at 07:05
  • Maria
    Newbie June 2022 Saskatchewan
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont know if you would like this idea or not but if you can keep your guest safe, here is one thing we are highly considering next year. Saskatoon inn is offering the use of all three ballrooms, each ballroom with 30 people max capacity. You can do live streaming to other rooms so they can see you which is available with their partner media. They have a pretty decent wedding package available on their website. Alex, The event sales director is the best! She’s always helpful and prompt in answering phone calls and email. Thats another route to go if you want to increase your capacity. Congratulations and wish you all the best!
  • Alexandra
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having my wedding in Ontario (September), so the rules look a bit different. But we're doing a backyard wedding with 30 immediate family members, and sending out a zoom invite for the 85 others who were originally invited to watch. Then we're hosting a reception for everyone at our original venue next June Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Consider the elopement wedding concept for this year with less people present. Next year go full out to ensure your guest list will be all there to celebrate your anniversary.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not from Saskatchewan so take this with a grain of salt, but I just looked up Saskatchewan's reopening plan and this is what I found. If you're from Saskatchewan you probably know more than me, but all of this information should be available somewhere online. If not you should ask your venue.

Phase One

Re-opening previously restricted medical services; opening of golf courses, parks and campgrounds.

Phase Two

Re-opening retail and select personal care services.

Phase Three

Re-opening restaurants and licensed establishments, gyms and fitness centres, and child care facilities; re-opening remaining personal care services; re-opening places of worship; increasing indoor public and private gatherings to 15 people and outdoor gatherings to 30 people.

Phase Four

Re-opening indoor and outdoor recreation facilities; increasing the size of indoor public and private gatherings to 30 people.

Phase Five

Consider lifting long-term restrictions.

Considering the phases for reopening (taken from government of Saskatchewan website), I think you have your answer. I assume phase 5 is going to be implemented either once a vaccine is introduced or covid is under control by some other means. As Saskatchewan recorded 42 new cases yesterday, I don't think this is going to happen for a while.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics