Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Silk Flowers

Liberty, on January 4, 2021 at 19:44 Posted in DIY 2 12
Hello! I'm looking to see if anyone has recommendations for silk flower websites! Preferably Canadian websites! Thank you Smiley smile

If you personally have you ordered from them, please share pictures Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on January 5, 2021 at 14:44
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just received some of my flowers from Florals for Less. I bought during a Black Friday deal and they took a month to come but they are gorgeous and will live forever!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a decent price! I will definitely check it out as I am living in Alberta!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out Flower Affairs in Edmonton. Flower Affairs 10431 51 Ave NW https://www.floweraffairs.com

My fiance and I have gone with this company (I always forget her name lol) for our upcoming wedding. She is absolutely amazing to work with. She has brought our vision to life. I only have a picture of them in a box right now since we had bought them a year and a half ago. But we have sent them back to her so she can start putting them together. They absolutely look 100% real to the naked eye and feel real as well! Not to mention half the price of real flowers! We're doing Calla Lilies, Anemone Flowers (they almost look like poppies), Leaves and Berries for our Bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. Then for our centerpieces, we have gone with Hydrangeas, Leaves and Berries.

We paid just under $1000 for 10 centerpieces, 3 bouquets (one is a throw away), 5 corsages, and 6 boutonnieres.

Silk Flowers 1

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess totally! I have already been stocking the sites for things now! Super thankful my dad has agreed to let me store things in his basement!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Keep an eye out now too! A lot of people who had summer/fall weddings might be getting rid of wedding clutter as part of new years resolutions! I got my vases this time last year.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will check etsy! I do also plan on checking Facebook wedding resale pages over this summer in hopes someone is selling ones I like then I can use them for my wedding in 2022!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    AFloral was the site I had hoped to use as well. Even with shopping the sales the shipping pushed me over $800 just for bouquet supplies.

If you don't want to assemble the bouquet I would reach out on wedding facebook groups in your area to see if anyone sells them or will build one if you supply the flowers. Some florists will work with silk flowers if you want a pro to do the bouquet and you can do the rest of the decor flowers yourselves. Etsy also sells gorgeous ones, but the ones I liked were a bit to expensive for my taste.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have been looking at micheals for centerpiece flowers. They didn't have bouquets I liked and I dont wanna assemble my bouquet myself. My friend used a afloral.com but they don't have alot of selection right now :/
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had trouble finding silk flowers that I really loved or that were the kinds of flowers I wanted. I had been looking at a US site but holy moly the shipping was twice the cost of my order!

We ended up making paper flowers, but I did notice that the quality at Michaels has really improved (plus they always have either a sale or a coupon).
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would still check with local decorators anyway. Look at their Instagram feed to see what kind of flower options they have and message them inquiring about price. I assume this is only for bouquets and boutonnieres/corsages? Or are you looking for centerpieces and the sort as well?

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will not be hiring a decorate! My MOH and I did all the decorations for her wedding and it turned out lovely so figured might as well do it for mine too Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you hiring a decorator? Check with them because wedding decorators tend to have tons of silk flowers on hand.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics