Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Silk Floral Centerpieces - Yay or Nay?

Msss, on December 7, 2019 at 19:49 Posted in DIY 0 7

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I were wondering what your take on silk floral centrepieces are. (We've created a sample and really like it but are unsure because every wedding we have ever gone to has featured real floral and greenery).

7 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on December 27, 2019 at 02:29
  • Becky
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10000% yay. My sil has real for her centrepieces and we had to throw all of the flowers out because they rotted/wilted on the drive to the venue. Luckily she had lots of greenery of the baby’s breathe held up like a champ but she was very disappointed.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love silk!!! none of my family uses real flowers anymore!! i think silk ones are beautiful and you can keep them or sell them afterwards!

• Sara
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the silk look, I will also do silk greenery for the centrepieces and they also never die!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks great!

We're planning on faux flowers. They can cost about the same as real but we can sell them after the wedding. Plus I won't need to woory about an "out of season" flower being expensive to get in October.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm allergic to do many flowers, so I'm always fearful of going to weddings for this reason and take allergy pills before going to any wedding lol. One of my friends didn't have flowers, fake or real, in their centerpieces and I was so grateful. No one missed the flowers, so if you and FH like what you've done then I'm sure everyone else will too!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not using silk but I am using the sola wood flowers. There are a lot of people that go with silk/fake flower arrangements. If you like them then I say go for it. I'm also going to try to resell them after the wedding. I've been to many weddings with fake flowers. My hayfever is too bad for me to consider real flowers.
  • M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our SampleSilk Floral Centerpieces - Yay or Nay? 1Sample MixSilk Floral Centerpieces - Yay or Nay? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics