Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Super June 2021 Ontario

Signature drinks/cocktails

Samantha, on November 4, 2019 at 12:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
FH and I are supplying our own alcohol for the reception and I'm calculating number of bottles, wine and beer are easy. But I wanna know if you are having a signature drink(s) and for the ones that have already done it, was it a hit or did people tend to get other things? What was your drink of choice? Did you just stick to beer and wine?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on November 5, 2019 at 17:11
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do a signature drink. I mean...kinda fun if you want to put the effort in. Just wasn't important to us.

We had wine, beer (3 kinds: our favourite, a crowd pleaser, and a dad beer), and then the typical hard alcohols (vodka, gin, spiced rum, white rum, whiskey). The bartenders provided the typical mixers and garnishes.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning on doing a his and her signature drink, with an open bar. We plan to use liquor that we know our guests will drink, the guys Jack and the girls vodka! As our guest list is on the smaller side we know the majority will flock to these. There will also be wine and beer and other liquor. Some Weddings I have attended (which was open bar) they also did signature shots as the guests age range were in that club/pub/bar age. I drank a lot of shots and mixed drinks over those weddings. You could always have the bartender push the signature drink if it is something you really want and make something that is not too sweet that people would want to drink all night. Also depending on the age of your guests and in my experiences wine was consumed mostly with dinner and during the dancing mixed drinks, beer and shots were the drinks of choice. It is easier to dance with a mixed drink in hand compared to a glass of wine.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue will want us to pick a signature drink or two. I'm not sure what the choices are. We dont meet with them till early next year....
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find a lot of people try the signature drinks but they dont end up drinking it all night (mostly theyre always too sweet!) i personally always try at least one of the signature drinks but i never end up drinking them for the entire night. i either do vodka or white wine all night!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had almost every type of alcohol available (we also supplied our own alcohol).

There was beer (3 or 4 brands), wine (1 red, 1 white), tequila, vodka, gin, white rum, spiced rum, dark rum, rye, whiskey, and fireball! I think that was it...

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if the signature drink is a well known drink with or without a fun name people are more likely to have it. For example I went to a wedding where the signature drinks were the bride and groom's favorites (rum and coke with a cherry, and a whiskey sour I think??) They gave one a cute name and named the other after the grooms last name.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a package at our venue that allows us to choose a signature drink. We haven’t selected it yet but I’m sure it’ll be something with vodka probably.

I think most guests stick to beer and wine though. The weddings I’ve been to shots are really popular as well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics