Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maude
Curious March 2022 Ontario

Signage at wedding

Maude, on January 1, 2022 at 11:55 Posted in DIY 0 19
Hi everyone, happy new year!
Just starting to plan the final decor for my wedding in amrch and am having some difficulty coming up with nice signs for the wedding. I need a seating chart, a welcome sign, a bar sign and sign to explain our unique guestbook idea. Anyone have any good suggestions that don't break the bank? I'm looking for simple and elegant.
And how big do you think signs should be?
Thanks so much! This community has already been so helpful

19 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on February 9, 2022 at 10:44
  • Courtney
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've ordered a sign in the past from vistaprint and its great if it rains and its easy to wipe if it gets dirty. If you have access to a cricut machine that would be awesome! there's so many options for that. There are people on facebook that can print things on whatever you give them. Definitely marketplace is a good option, even value village on a good day could have a picture frame you could use or even paint. Printing your own signs help. My sister had a chalk board in a fancy frame and my friend who has really pretty writing wrote her welcome sign!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some amazing suggestions on here! I picked up 2 frames from marketplace for free that I am going to use on our "wish you were here" and our sweet table signs

• Maude
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice! Are you getting married in Ontario too? How are you feeling about the restrictions
  • K
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Kari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey we're date buddies!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

CHECK YOUR LOCAL MARKETPLACE!!! Also see if there is a local wedding buy and sell group on Facebook! I see so many people selling their signs and what not on there! You may also be able to find someone local who can help you (like Rayanne mentioned with a friend helping with a cricut)

I've got a cricut myself, so plan on making all our signs. I was able to get a chalkboard sign for free from a friend from their wedding, going to check local thrift stores for cool frames or mirrors, ect.

• Maude
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! I created mine on Canvas as well. You should also check out Staples copy and print center for printing the posters. I think I might do mine on foam board
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoops I didn’t mean to press send 🤦🏼‍♀️ Lol ignore that last comment
    I did 22x 28 for my seating chart, welcome sign and order of events sign with tall easels
    And for my forever in our hearts I did smaller 18x24 and it will be on a table easel. All foam boards For my bar sign and guest sign in I’m just going to do paper and put it in a gold frame (we’re doing gold accents)
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also forgot to mention the sizes! So for my seating chart I’m going a bit bigger 22x36 and for my
  • Maude
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! All the signs are inside. Good advice though
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing anything outdoors? If you're not doing anything outdoors, then foam core will look nicer but if you are, it will be subject to the elements. In that case, I suggest coroplast instead of foam core because it's water proof. March is a pretty wet season. Cost wise, they're both more or less identical.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Since your signs aren't done in bulk, it'll likely be much cheaper to print them from a local mom and pop printer over Vistaprint. Even if you somehow get a deal, any savings you get from Vistaprint will be offset by the delivery fee.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be using picture frames for most of our signage. I got a lot of them from the dollar tree. Then I printed off templates for the signs that I made on Canva. I used a paint marker to trace the template on the frame. I'll try to attach a couple examples.Signage at wedding 1

Signage at wedding 2

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend has a cricut machine and is going to make the vinyl to put on a big mirror I got from marketplace. I have another friend who is going to make my other signs to put in frames. I have a bunch that my mom gave me when she moved so they won't cost too much....
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem!! 😊
    Yes goto signs and banners then posters then foam boards
    If you can’t find it hopefully this link works! https://www.vistaprint.ca/signs-posters/foam-board-signs
  • Maude
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh awesome. I didn't know foam board was an option on Vista print. Perfect
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes you can!! I’m using foam board so I just click that and it lets you upload the pic !
  • Maude
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Ya I used Canva for my wedding invites, so I'm hoping I can use it for that too. Never thought about printing them through Vistaprint though. Can you just download the image form Canva? Thanks for your help!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve looked at Etsy and staples and vista print , I Have 5 signs I’m doing so I’m also trying not to break the bank lol.
    Using Canva to make the visual then putting it on vista print is the cheapest way I have found !
    I also just bought my easels off Michaels with their holiday sale! They were like 14 bucks
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only made this sign for our ceremony and it cost me around $40 dollars from scratch

I'm also just going with different picture frames and using word to print off signs for our reception that says bar, please sign our guest book, guests that have passed away etc.

Signage at wedding 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics