Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Show off your DIY creations!

Joey, on August 3, 2017 at 08:02 Posted in DIY 0 32

Are you crafty? What have you made for your wedding? I want to see what you've come up with, so use this space to show off your skills!

If you haven't started your DIY yet, let us know what projects you are planning.

giphy.gif

32 Comments

Latest activity by Sidni, on January 5, 2018 at 01:46
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My DIY: Bouquets! And I'm pretty proud of them! I made my bouquet, 6 for my bridesmaids, and a smaller bouquet for throwing at the reception.

top viewShow off your DIY creations! 1side viewShow off your DIY creations! 2front viewShow off your DIY creations! 3

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ideas i put together as projects keeping with the theme.

Show off your DIY creations! 4

Show off your DIY creations! 5

Show off your DIY creations! 6

Show off your DIY creations! 7
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome I'll check it out. Thanks!!
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't yet, but here's the Pinterest link for the post that i'll be using Smiley smile
    http://somethingturquoise.com/2016/04/29/diy-hand-lettered-acrylic-wedding-signs/

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used medium-sized ones for the tables (500mL size) and larger ones for other flower arrangements (1L size). I didn't want the flowers on the table to be too high. My MIL said that you take the size of the jar and double it for the height of the flowers, which was a good tip because I initially was going to use the larger jars on the tables but people would not be able to see over them.

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It really all came together!

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I was really proud!

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Melinda, these are beautiful! Amazing stuff!

• Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my god Melinda, beautiful work!! It all came together so wonderfully! 😍
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! what size mason jars did you use?

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Taylor! I used paint from the dollar store. A lot of people on Pinterest used chalk paint, but it is really expensive, so I tried the dollar store stuff and it worked great. I did 2-3 coats on each jar and then used sand paper to distress them a bit once they were dry. Then I applied 2 coats of a matte clear sealant. I got the sealant at Michaels. I also got my mason jars at Value Village for only 69 cents each. So overall it was a pretty cheap DIY!

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What paint did you use for the mason jars? Any tips? Ill be doing 20 light pink and 20 light grey ones for my wedding

Thanks!

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are some pics of my DIY. I painted and distressed mason jars, my Dad made wooden crates that I stained, I painted picture frames and made signs for them, I made homemade granola as the wedding favor, and I made bride and groom crosswords (we had a brunch wedding). I really enjoyed the DIY process and everything came together beautifully!

pre-wedding snacksShow off your DIY creations! 8wooden cratesShow off your DIY creations! 9bride&groom crosswordShow off your DIY creations! 10mason jarsShow off your DIY creations! 11granolaShow off your DIY creations! 12mimosa signShow off your DIY creations! 13

• Melinda
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those look really great!!! I only had to paint about 20 mason jars and I felt like that took forever, so way to go doing 80!!!

• Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had big DIY plans but the wedding keeps getting closer and I keep not doing projects lol!! So far my mom and i have spray painted and glitterized 80 wine bottles to use for centerpieces. I love the way they bring our wedding colours (silver, white, teal) together!
    My FH is going to make 1 or 2 large signs for welcome and maybe for seating chart. Just have to decide on the style I want! Picturing one of these two looks...

Show off your DIY creations! 14

Show off your DIY creations! 15
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I love this!! How did you do it?? 😍
  • Lindsay
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This looks fantastic!

• Lindsay
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on dome DIY signs, wedding favor bookmarks, thank you tags ,and centerpieces, just getting started lol will post as they are complete or once the dust settlesSmiley smile

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also plan on making our seating chart and a welcome sign in the similar style to match. This is what I'm planning on:

Show off your DIY creations! 16

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be making a lot of the décor for our wedding. I want to have a lot of geometrics and copper accents so I'm planning on making something similar to these:

Show off your DIY creations! 17

Show off your DIY creations! 18I found this really easy tutorial and then will just spray paint them with copper spray paint Smiley smile much cheaper than buying the real metal ones!

Show off your DIY creations! 19

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've done quite a few DIY's so far. If you check out my page u can see which ones ive done so far.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are making our cupcake/cake stand and all our centre pieces! they are a work in progress!

I'm also contemplating Knitting wraps for the girls and I seeing as how we are getting married in November.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jen!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look awesome!!!!! Honestly I'd buy those lol good job!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! You did a great job on those. Congratulations!

• Lesley
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here you go! I'm happy with them. I think I should have done thinner coats but I didn't know what that meant until after I did them. They're bumpy in a few places but I expect I'll only wear them the once and no one will be that close to check them out. They actually look less bumpy in person because the glitter is all you can see.
    They were about $20 to do. I got the shoes from Ardene, used mod podge for glitter and glitter. I just need to pick up some ribbon for the laces and trim around the sole to clean it up a bit. My two teenage cousins approved and I think they'd be the harshest critics.

Show off your DIY creations! 20

Show off your DIY creations! - 1
  • Larissa Lauzon
    Frequent user August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd like to diy as much as I can honestly, I'm going to gather everything together in lists and see how long each thing takes. So far I plan on doing centerpieces and favors myself for sure. Still looking around for other things that I can diy though. I'll probably make the hangers for our dresses and maybe for the guys (they won't care though so we'll see lol) and I'd like to try and make some things for all the gifts we give everyone.
    I kind of have an idea to make 100% soy wax candles in our colors for favors with the label saying thank you with our date and stuff. I'll have to do a trial run before I decide on that being a though 🙈😂 although I have a few favor ideas, so if the candles don't work I still have other things I can make lol
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope it works out for you! I got lucky with purchasing my shoes as I live only about 30 minutes from the American border.

• Lesley
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll definitely share! I was going to buy them but having to go to the border was too much of a hassle so I'm going to try this out and see how it goes!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to see these shoes too! I LOVE glitter, what materials are you using?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh! I want to see your knock off keds when you're done! I purchased actual keds but have been debating on making a pair for my daughter to match mine.

• Lesley
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm currently knitting my wrap for the day. I am also DIYing some totes for my BMs, Knock off glitter keds, puffball flower backdrop, ribbon/streamer selfie station and hand embroidering handkerchiefs for the ladies in our families (BMs, moms and Gramma's).
    I'm going out of town tomorrow on holiday and plan on having the wrap, totes and shoes done while I'm away!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics