Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

Should You Move in Together Before or After the Wedding?

Zoë, on April 24, 2017 at 09:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hey lovely brides-to-be!

Deciding to move in with your partner before of after wedding is what a lot of couples think about.

A lot of people see moving in together as a great start to get to know each other. Other people see it as perfect test before marriage. The think is that a lot of couples might work great together living apart, but living together is a completely different story.

What is your opion? Are you living together? Smiley heart

Should You Move in Together Before or After the Wedding? 1

pinterest

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 14:14
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree it's up to the couple. I moved in with my husband before marriage 3.75 years ahead and it started as a bumpy path. Time passed by and he progressed to understand me and vice versa better. We were smooth sailing before our marriage and work together now still.

It all depends on how you two look at the living arrangements and if your ready to take that step.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've lived together for 3 years now, he lived an hour away from me and i was spending all my time here anyway, so we just made it easier by living together.
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not moving in together till after we get married. We've spent lots of time at each other's places but it's a special thing for us to move together. It's hard to not be with him all the time but it has really grown our relationship and we've learned new things about ourselves and each other in the process. Yes it will take getting used to one we do get married, but we are making a commitment for life; through the good, bad and ugly.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should live together before getting married so you know each other's habits and know if you're truly able to live with them for the rest of your life. My FH and I have been living together for almost 7 years eek
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I just moved in together at the beginning of the month. It's fantastic, not only do we not need to fuss about whose turn it is to be at their own place but I feel like I have so much more support emotionally and like I can take better care of him with cooking, cleaning etc. This is so wonderful for me and we are so happy
  • Teresa
    Frequent user November 2018 Ontario
    Teresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I'd like to move in together (at least a few months) before we get married so not only myself but also my FH has enough time to get a feel for living together before everything is legal. Only putting it that was cause my family is traditional when it comes to living with each other.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always thought I wanted to wait until i got married to live together, but a couple years ago now we reached the point where we were spending all of our time at each others houses and i needed a roomate to afford rent so it just made sense to move in together. Weve been living together for a year and a half now and i am so glad we did. As well as you know a person before you still learn so much when you live together!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have lived together for years now. I think it can make or break a relationship because you learn all of each others habits and flaws. You really get to know that person and it can put the relationship to the test. I have a couple who waited to move in together until after marriage and they have been struggling because they are learning all these things about each other that they didn't realize before hand.

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be moving in together in just over two months, the wedding is in eight! We've had little bouts where we've lived together, a week when I had my surgery and every weekend. I'm excited to move in with him and since we're making this commitment, we'd like to live together beforehand.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say this is really up to the couple. For us, we lived together before we go married and it was worth it as we go know more about each other and see the good, bad and ugly habits and worked on fine tuning them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics