Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alysha
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

Should i let guests know we're no longer having a postponed reception?

Alysha, on August 3, 2021 at 12:44 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

Hi!

We got married in the beginning of the pandemic May 2020 (a year and a bit ago) with just 8 guests and streamed it. We had plans to have a reception at a later date. We communicated it to our guests but without a set postponed date.

1 year later, we decided NOT to have our postponed reception. We are so content with our small wedding, felt like the moment has passed and bought a house instead.

Wondering: Should we be sending a little piece of mail out communicating to our guests that we're no longer having a reception? Some people have been wondering, but we think some people also just assumed it's not happening anymore.

Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Gift, on August 5, 2021 at 22:54
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a good idea to let them know. You could send a thank you e card like Carmel said 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it would hurt to let your guests know that you've changed to no reception

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree and would send something out. I'd do a nice e-card of some sort saying such and thanking people for their love and support along the way, hoping to celebrate with them at some point, some way. No need to physically mail anything, I don't think, but definitely something nice.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do a formal announcement, especially if they gave you a gift but weren't in attendance at the small ceremony.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It wouldn’t hurt to let everyone know... could you create a Facebook group? I know we’ve decided to make a group for RSVP etc with everyone and sending a card to those who don’t have Facebook.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics