Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Beginner January 2022 Saskatchewan

"Should-have-been" Wedding Date - Creative Ideas to Celebrate

Kelsey, on January 11, 2021 at 14:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5

Our wedding date was originally supposed to be January 23rd, 2021- but have made the decision a few months ago to postpone a full year. As we aren't doing much right now I was hoping to do something fun with my fiance to celebrate our original wedding date. Anyone have creative/fun ideas or things they did for their original wedding date?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on January 12, 2021 at 08:08
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If restrictions allow a little weekend away would be nice! Or a staycation with takeout from your favorite restaurant and a good bottle of wine.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I went away to our lake house for the weekend of our original wedding date with a few of our close friends and our parents. Spent the weekend on the lake, boating, hot tubing and spending the evenings by the fire.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds so perfect! such a cute way to spend it!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged by ordering a ton of take out and had a feast while watching Netflix (specifically The Big Family Cooking Showdown). We ordered food from 8 different restaurants in the area (which sounds like a lot but we only ordered one thing from each place, and some of those items are appetizers or dessert) and ate while watching TV over coffee and wine (depending on the time of day lol). Our city was already in lock down by our date and there was potential to be really crappy outside so we wanted the day to be super chill.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On our original wedding date we went away for the weekend. We went hiking, got nice takeout, and went out for a nice dinner on the actual day of the wedding. It was really nice to enjoy each other’s company and not just be sad at home. Recognizing it might be difficult to do a getaway at the moment, other things I’ve heard are doing a nice meal, getting something from the bakery who is doing your wedding desserts, doing a zoom call with your wedding party, or just having a romantic date night in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics