Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tara
Newbie July 2024 Ontario

Shocked by video/photo package price$$

Tara, on June 7, 2023 at 13:31 Posted in Ontario 0 1

Can you tell me what's a reasonable price to pay for both photo and video coverage? and if you have any recommendations in the Kingston, Ontario area?

I am very shocked at some of the prices I'm seeing 4k-10k!!! And the worst part is, even if I am willing to pay, the customer service has not been up to par with that hefty payment. They don't answer questions and they immediately ask me all the details and give me nothing in return except sending me a standard package/price list and the pressure to sign a contract.

I appreciate any insight you can give Smiley smile

1 Comment

Latest activity by Brittany, on June 7, 2023 at 16:09
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on where you are getting married for pricing of vendors.

Some places are cheaper than others, for example Edmonton, Alberta prices are almost half the cost for the same thing in Banff, Alberta.

Also, a lot of places in Canada went up in prices after the pandemic so the price range you mentioned seem to be pretty on par for a city. In Edmonton for a good photographer and videographer combined usually starts at $4,000. When I was looking around last year, for roughly 10 hours of photography with a second shooter came to around $3,000 and videographer was around the same amount for 8 hours of coverage.

You can always cut on the amount of time you are booking them for. Instead of doing a 10 hour day, try to cut getting ready pictures (saves ALOT of time) and some time at the reception.

For videography instead of videoing the whole day, only do your ceremony and an extra hour to get some good shots of you and your partner.

As for the customer service, I suggest finding one that you vibe with! Luckily I haven't had an issue with this but it does happen. Be aware that we are now into full blown wedding season and they may take some time to get back to you and/or are in a rush to get your questions answered so they can continue editing the weddings they have done so far.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics