Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

Sharing of photos

Kate, on November 7, 2022 at 13:17 Posted in Just married 0 7

Hi all,

Quick question / advice.

We had our special day and are waiting to receive the link to the online gallery which we will then share with everyone who was in attendance.

Our concern is that once these photos are shared, some of our guests will post them on social media and al though some are ok with the postings of themselves, I know not everyone is, for example : my husbands children - it is written within a legal agreement that their photos not be posted without consent, etc. Also my parents are not okay with photos of them being put online.

I'm trying to find a nice polite way to put this such as : "We ask that you respectfully not post any photos of minors and or anyone who has not given the ok to do so. Thank you!" How does that sound? I do not want to sound annoying but at the same time I think it's fair to check with someone before you post a photo of them, no?

Thoughts please and how would you feel if you read something like that.

I want to avoid words such as "permission" or "consent" to avoid sounding too...legal. Maybe minors is too legal/serious sounding as well lol.

Thanks! : )

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 9, 2022 at 14:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad you message was respected and well taken for others to ask before posting.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. It all worked out! Sent out the link in an email yesterday and I received no negative reaction/comments, just that people thought the photos were gorgeous Smiley heart

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think your message is fine, it's clear and the people that were there should be respected.

When I take pictures at a wedding, I only post the ones with me in it. My friend's wedding, I had a little photobomber he was adorable, I did not share it on my facebook or social media, but on her wedding link that she had everyone post their moments of the wedding, I tagged the photo as "whoever this kid belongs too, he is stinking cute".

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the "The photos in this gallery are for your personal viewing only." I will use this; thank you!!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe add something like "The photos in this gallery are for your personal viewing only. If you would like to share any on social media, please reach out to me (and/or husband) before"
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess I am just thinking it was a very small wedding (23 people only family and close friends) so I don't mind sharing all the photos and allowing people access to save them because so many people are in all of the photos...it's just posting of other people I don't think is so appropriate without them knowing and being cool with it.

The only photos that would be 100% safe to share online are those of the details of the wedding and no one in them...and so I don't really want to share just an album of that.

Did you have any of the photos from your day shared with guests? I just kind of feel like I want them to see photos of themselves and all the fun that was had that day!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I was in this situation, I would not share all photos, create a second album that can be used with photos you dont mind being shared. As a guest to a wedding, I do not expect to see all photos let alone get access to download/share them on my own social media.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics