Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Share your vows!

Lynnie, on February 22, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

What will you be vowing on your wedding day? Whether you're writing your own or working with an officiant, share the vows that you will be saying below!

Share your vows! 1

Photo by Tori Agius Photography in Fredericton, New Brunswick

For expert advice on wedding vows, check out: Wedding Vows 101 , 6 Major Wedding Vow Don'ts , and Where to Look for Wedding Vow Inspiration .

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on February 26, 2018 at 14:32
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked from a few different options from our officiant, and here's what we went with...

"I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedding wife/husband, my best friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and inspire you, and to love you truly through good times and bad. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down, and to love you unconditionally for as long as we both shall live."

Those vows still make me tear up!! Smiley shame Smiley cry

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are writing our own. I included the things like love and support but I also included some jokes such as vowing to stop pointing out how much he sucks at playing his one game and not painting his toe nails while he sleeps lol
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to write our own vows, but we haven’t written them yet.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think vows are very personal if you are writing your own and not something I personally want to share with everyone on the internet. We made promises to support and love each other, made some jokes, told each other we loved one another and looked forward to the years ahead.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing our own vows but we are not sharing to each other. I still haven’t started writing mine ( I have over 4 months to finalize them), but I want it to be real, with no hyperbolas and a little funny otherwise I will start crying.
  • Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that idea, Sarah.

• Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to write each other a letter for the other one to read in private. Then we will do the 'normal' vow
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our vows were the usual and shown as we were exchanging rings.

Share your vows! 2

Share your vows! 3
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We weren't going to write our own vows but then decided why not. We will be saying the same thing. We sat down and came up with it together so it only made sense.

We have listed a few promises (to stand by each other through good and bad, to raise a family in a household full our love, patience and understanding etc). We thought this was the best way as we are not public affection people, we aren't lovey sayings people. We came up with vows that really express us but are short and sweet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics