Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2021 British Columbia

September Wedding

Cassie, on May 1, 2021 at 15:26 Posted in British Columbia 0 7
With the pandemic going on and so much unknown, what are the September brides doing? Are you cancelling/rescheduling, or going ahead with planning? I’ve sent out my invites for 50 people, but I am getting anxiety about the restrictions. I’m from AB and will be getting married in BC on Sept. 25. I had hoped we would be on a better path with vaccine roll out and avoiding the 3rd wave, but as we all know, it’s the peak of it in Canada. I’m sure like everyone else using the app, I’m feeling stressed and discouraged about my wedding.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Cl, on June 30, 2021 at 16:41
  • C
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Cl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September bride-to-be here, from AB! We postponed from June 2020 and our wedding is also scheduled for September 25 - wedding twins! My heart truly goes out to you as I know it's been stressful and discouraging with all this uncertainty and unknowns of what will be permitted - but also what we will feel safe with considering the Delta variant. I am from Calgary, and tomorrow all restrictions are to be lifted, in addition to the Calgary Stampede arriving a week later. With these factors at play it's so hard to know how many guests I should prepare for - I don't want to over-invite and then be told we will only be permitted half of that - if at all... For now, I am just starting to pick back up where I left off with the planning stages but just being cautious and having a backup plan in mind if worse comes to worse. I am totally in the same boat as you, it's ripped away the excitement and joy that comes with planning a wedding, doesn't it? But we are in a much better place than at the beginning of 2021, so let's hope for the best and stay positive, it will be worth it in the end! Smiley heart

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your province has a larger gathering count than us giving you the advantage to have your ceremony take place without some restrictions still in place. September should be stable enough for all of Canada to some restrictions lifted as it would be over 60% vaccinated.
  • T
    Newbie October 2021 British Columbia
    Talia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is a month after yours, we haven't planed anything at the moment other than our ceremony/reception venues (both were booked before the lockdown in 2020) but we are not planning to postpone. I'm trying to be as positive as I can given the circumstances but I really do feel like a lot can happen between now and your wedding!

Considering how the roll out is going I think we might be okay to be able to have 50 people (which would be amazing since my immediate family is huge lol), maybe even 75-100 if everyone does their part!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in Ontario and was first a July 2020 bride, who postponed to September 2021. We have now moved our date up to July 2021 as we don’t see Covid improving to the point we could have the wedding we want in September.

So we moved up the date to have something small and just move on.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We've gotten alot of that as well " oh there's so much time left" but in really honesty not really I don't want to be waiting like 6 weeks out to find out that I can't have the wedding we've been dreaming of for the past 4 years because of restrictions keep on getting moved. Most of our vendors and our venue wanna know by end of may what we're thinking of doing
    We want to have the wedding we want and if that means we need to wait one more year then so be it. We have our entire lives to be married and be together. We don't want to look back and regret anything!
  • C
    Newbie September 2021 British Columbia
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know I am getting a lot of well you know it’s still 5 months away so much can change, and then on the flip side I’m getting the opposite comments that it’s only 5 months away! I still haven’t made any decisions I want to wait a bit longer but I think about it all the time.... argh! We all deserve medals for planning through the pandemic ha ha ha!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a September bride but was going to be a august bride. My fiance and I also live in AB and are getting married in BC. We decided last week to postpone to next summer. With the new restrictions in place for bc regarding outside visitors and gather restrictions in place until may long weekend and it could be extended longer we decided it was best to push our wedding to next year. Even if things do get better for the summer receptions are probably going to be the same as last year where you couldn't have a dance in the evening and you weren't allowed to leave your table to mingle with the other guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics