Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Farelle
Beginner October 2018 Quebec

September wedding

Farelle, on May 9, 2018 at 18:24 Posted in Quebec 0 17

How can I get help to find a wedding venue for this year? For September! Does anyone have non-conventional venues to suggest please?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Farelle, on May 29, 2018 at 09:53
  • Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jackie,

Thanks for asking. We decided to move the date to later. I'll keep you posted!

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How has your search been going? Are you close to picking a venue? Or not at all?
  • Trudy
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Trudy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just secured my September venue. I spent months looking for the right one for a non-conventional hiking wedding. What I ended up doing in the end was sending mass pricing requests on here.
    Ive Just recently learned of a Facebook group in the GTA that is a marketplace where you can get vendors come to you. I’m not sure if you have something like this in Quebec. Perhaps search Facebook for Quebec wedding marketplace or the area tou are looking for. You then post in there what you are looking for and vendors usually comment.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look into art galleries (depending on number of guests). with most you would have to get your own caterer. but its unique and pretty.

see if there is an old courthouse that has been renovated for events.

and if you are doing a smaller wedding. check air bnb. you may find someone willing to rent the house and have events at it. then boom. place to get ready Smiley smile

• Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Montreal or Laval, or anywhere in a 40 min vicinity radius. No destination wedding possible for us. Too complicated... I think!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What city? Is there an option for a destination wedding?
  • Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Jackie! I can imagine missing Québec, every one wants to come here! Smiley winking

• Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much Jackie !

• Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really! Ok, I'll definitely look at Fridays then. That day is easier than a Sunday for sure!

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What can I say I’m a Québécois living in Ontario. I love my home province and miss it. I’d love to help you if you need it. Let me know and we can talk off here. 😊
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes. I did a quick count and 76 of our guests (over half of our list) are from out of town. Many are from out of province and quite a few are even out of country. I am sending invites out next week (4 months before the wedding) to give them extra time to request time off work and book flights, etc.
  • Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jackie, you are so resourceful ! Thank you so much!!!

• Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, thanks so much Naomi! I have considered it. Quick question: did you have many guests from out of town?

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It appears that you are from the Laval QC area. I looked up some places that might be nice. You can find a lot of venues right here on this app under Venus. I’ve snap shotted some you might be interested in. Have a look. There is a lot out there but you need to start by emailing them to see if they have your special day available. Not sure what your budget is or if your having a big or small wedding but Best of luck. Hope you find something that makes you happy.

September wedding 1

September wedding 2

September wedding 3

September wedding 4

September wedding 5

September wedding 6

September wedding 7

September wedding 8

September wedding 9

September wedding 10

September wedding 11
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have any non-conventional venues to suggest, but would like to recommend that you consider getting married on a Friday rather than the weekend. I got engaged in early January and started booking right away, and have been so thankful that our wedding is on a Friday since most venues and vendors were already booked on the Saturday.
  • Farelle
    Farelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm looking for something different than a hall or a 4 wall room with draps falling from the ceiling. I like something that offers to be outside, I like Mansion-like venues, or even a chalet up north.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That might be a tough on, most venues book up a year or so in advance. What kind of venue are you looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics