Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2021 Ontario

September Ontario Brides

Monika, on June 11, 2021 at 11:47 Posted in Ontario 0 5

SOOOO how are the Ontario September brides doing/feeling?

I have a 250 person wedding planned for Sept 25. We have already postponed from last September. I am in the same boat as last year where my wedding is 3 months out, yet I can't plan anything, send out invites etc. 75% of my guests are from out of town (Montreal mostly). So I have no idea what I should plan/be prepared for.

I don't know what I want to do. I planned a big wedding so we can all DANCE and party!! Do you think dancing will even be an option in September?

I am not looking for advice really I guess..just seeing what others think/what others are doing.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Brandy, on June 28, 2021 at 19:11
  • Brandy
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Brandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 4th 2021 Ontario Bride here! September 12 2020 was our original date but in April 2020 we decided to postpone to 2021.
    My wedding is at about 85 guests right now but our max is 100. Our ceremony is outdoors and reception is at a community centre. My invitations are almost done and I’ve already handed out half. I put a Covid card with the invitations that read “if Covid does not permit us to have our ideal reception we will be postponing however the ceremony will continue” if I can’t have all our guests to dine, dance and celebrate we won’t have it. I’m really optimistic though. Stage 2 is 25% capacity indoors. We are ahead of schedule for vaccinations and opening earlier. I’m sure we will be good for stage 3. I know this is so stressful but have faith we will be close to normal stage 3. Xox
  • A
    Andy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September Ontario groom here. Yesterday they released information about fully vaccinated people having allowances of gatherings indoors! I can't find anything on wedding receptions at this moment, but please post here if you find anything. I will share anything I can find too.

• M
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks everyone for all your input!

• Shanice
    Shanice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Monika,

September 3 Bride here Smiley heart !

I'm in the same boat as you. it has been a whirlwind of TRYING to plan anything with so much uncertainty. Alberta and now Saskatchewan are removing all public health measures in July with no restrictions with events and social gatherings. Although it's provinces out West, I'm looking on the positive side that it is a good sign for Ontario. Especially with vaccination rates increasing, the efficacy of the vaccine and cases going down. Today the federal government is suppose to unveil loosening travel restrictions for fully vaccinated residents. I think our month may be fine but still plan as if we are in stages until a formal announcement is made.

Forward thinking if public health measures are lifted in Ontario, not all guests may feel comfortable so I would still prepare a wedding safety plan and send to your guests ahead of time. Have masks and sanitizing stations all throughout your venues as a form of protection for you, your soon-to-be husband, family and friends.

Hope this helps!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly don't think 250 is doable this summer. It'll probably be closer to 100 max outdoors. If your venue is indoor only, it'll be less. Our original guest list was also 250 but considering everything that's happened in the last 15 months, I think most people in our situation made backup plans with a much smaller guest count.

If you absolutely need to be guaranteed a 250 wedding with dancing, I think you need to postpone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics