Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Super September 2017 Alberta

September honeymoon mexico

Laura, on March 24, 2017 at 15:49 Posted in Honeymoon 0 6

Hello Lovely brides (and grooms)

After much discussing and searching my FH and I are thinking we want to go to Mexico in September for our honeymoon. I am looking specifically at the Yucatan, Myan area because we are both really excited about the ruins. Neither of us are seasoned travellers outside of Canada and the US.

If anyone has any recommendations for must see or must do or places to stay I am all ears. I was looking so far at the Bahia Principe adults only section because you have full access to 4 resorts with shuttles and they seem to have number of excursions you can book through them.

Would we be best served using a travel agent who specializes in honeymoons or would we be okay booking ourselves?

Also my mother is pretty convinced we will both die immediately after disembarking the plane, so if you have anything I can use to calm her down I would appreciate.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on April 5, 2017 at 13:35
  • Kim
    Newbie October 2016 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Pool

The Pool

Our Balcony

Our Balcony

Sunrise from our Room

Sunrise from our Room

Poolside

Poolside

I usually don't post anything but I just have to tell you about this place!

My Husband and I stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites for our honeymoon. It's an adults only in the Rivera Maya area about 1 hour from the Cancun airport. The food was amazing, the staff and the people were so nice and we had our own pool on our balcony! If you wanted to lay on the beach, we didn't have to fight for a cabana or any chairs (there were plenty). The balcony of the rooms on the first floor went directly into the pool, which was kept very clean. There were daily activities on the beach or pool side but if you wanted to do nothing but lay down and read, no one ever bothered you unless they were asking what drink would you like to order. There are so many restaurants to choose from, Italian, Chinese, Seafood, Mexican or the buffet. Or you can order the 24h complimentary room service and stay in and watch a movie (they had decent tv stations). The food was so good. I was always expecting for something bad to happen or to be disappointed with the food, but it was soooooo good! My husband at steak everyday and it was always cooked to perfection and super tender. Never felt unsafe going out or walking from restaurant to bar, the staff were welcoming and so nice. If you're looking to just relax after planning your wedding, then I would highly recommend going here!

• C
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Cristal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i agree!! i stayed myan riveara and we did EXPLOR too!!!! AMAZING!!! our resort was grand sirenis.... 5* amazing resort

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much! I think we are decided on the Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an, the penthouse suites with the outdoor hot tub on the roof screams honeymoon to me. Smiley heart

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much! I definitely want to do some of the cave things and have been looking at the snorkel tours that include the cenotes. I will definitely add EXPLOR to the list of things to check out! Smiley heart

• Jenn Snow
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Jenn Snow ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are planning to stay in the Myan area and you are adventurous , you MUST try EXPLOR. it is so much fun! My fiancé and I go to Mexico yearly and when ever we are in that part we always go. So much fun. Zip lines, off road vehicles, a cave swim and rafts through a cave system! (Do separate rafts! Lol it's much easier and will save the marriage)But yeah if you want to know anything else please let me know! Like I said I have been to Mexico with my now fiancé Over 10 times in the last 6 years!
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I stayed at the Bahia Principe Tulum in Riviera Maya. They had the best beaches and the hotel is amazing. I actually got engaged there.
    That place will always be my favourite. I don't think you need to book through a travel agent but it depends how experienced you are at booking things. If you feel more comfortable, then do so.
    You won't regret Mexico. It's extremely safe. I also stayed in Cancun 3 years before that and felt safer on the streets at 3am than I do in Montreal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics