Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarvan
Newbie September 2021 British Columbia

September 2021 Wedding

Sarvan, on June 11, 2021 at 17:14 Posted in British Columbia 0 2

Hi everyone! My Fiance and I are getting married on Saturday, September 18th, 2021 in Pitt Meadows, BC.

Curious to find out what other September couples are doing guest wise? Are you planning for 50 or less? Will you be sending out invitations to more than 50 guests? Are you hopeful that we could invite more than 50 guests as well as be able to dance?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Christiana, on June 11, 2021 at 18:37
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The government also posted this on their facebook page

193328866_4599607950057461_6951006567483894227_n.png?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_sNetUNaU80AX-h0yRC&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr2-1.fna&oh=a7249a5d0a93dfe33e003ee81dc3aa53&oe=60C9C2B2
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Obviously can't say for sure, but it looks like most weddings that aren't absolutely massive will probably be allowed as of step 3. I don't think it's been made explicit but I would assume receptions fall under personal gatherings and step 3 says: "Return to usual for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings". They're also planning to lift restrictions on group dining in step 3. To me that means mingling and dancing would be allowed. And that's only step 3. As long as nothing crazy happens and we hit all of our benchmarks we'll be in step 4 by the time you have your wedding and it seems like things will be mostly back to normal by then and if there are any remaining restrictions it will be for really large events. But like I said nobody can say for sure - even the government.

So I'd be optimistic if I were in your position. If my wedding was this September I'd be planning for a relatively normal wedding but also making backup plans in case that couldn't happen. Definitely keep your eyes on the news. The delta variant is pretty concerning. Hopefully things are under control enough here now that we're able to prevent it from spreading too much and undoing all of the progress we've made recently. Good luck! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics