Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassie
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

September 2020 wedding and August 2021 celebration

Cassie, on July 15, 2020 at 15:39 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Hello, my fiancé and I are still planning to get married with just our parents on our original September 2020 date. However, we have rescheduled our venue, etc for 2021. Is anyone else doing this? And are you doing just a reception next year or a whole renewal of vows type celebration? Would love to hear what others are doing!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Gabby, on July 16, 2020 at 22:31
  • Gabby
    Newbie June 2021 Quebec
    Gabby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there!
    I’m still torn. We are also considering still getting married this year and throwing a party the next. But I don’t have confidence that next year will be much better COVID wise... There’s always time for a big party in future months/years. If anybody has creative ideas as to what to do this year, please let me know! We considered eloping somewhere in Canada but there are quite a few interprovincial restrictions. Anxiously waiting for the government to realize that this 10 people private gathering rule is ridiculous.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cassie,

Based on what I'm reading on the forum, the general consensus for those still pursuing ceremonies this year while postponing celebrations for next year is that most will have some kind of ceremony attached to their event next year. This could be a vow renewal, or redoing a ceremony as some will be holding secret ceremonies without telling anyone so their families wouldn't be upset. But the idea is to visually replicate the elements of their marriage ceremony for their postponed celebration. Not everyone is doing that but quite a few are.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics