Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

September 2020 Ontario Bride

Ashley, on May 15, 2020 at 10:43 Posted in Ontario 0 4

Hi everyone!

I'm a September 5 bride in Northern Ontario, and as of right now we haven't postponed our wedding. My fingers and toes are crossed that we can still have our ceremony and reception!

All of our guests, including our vendors, are a total of 120 people, and most of our guests are local. If we are allowed gatherings of 100, we are going to move forward with the wedding. If we are only allowed 50, we are most likely going to postpone the wedding. We played with the idea of staggering two groups of 50 (one group from 5-8, second group from 8-12), but we're not sure...

I guess my question for brides moving forward with their date as us right now - how are you changing your plans? Are you moving outdoors to allow for more space? Staggering groups? I love to hear your feedback!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Alyssa, on May 25, 2020 at 15:48
  • A
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm Sept 5th 2020 as well! Currently we have a date on hold for 2021 (Sept 4th) just in case. But I am still hopeful (my fiance not so much lol). We are in Kitchener/Waterloo with 130 people. Also not many people travelling, a couple from out of province, but I didn't fully expect them to come even without pandemic. When are you making the final call?? I can't decide when is too late to decide and then either send invitations or not.

• Alexandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

My date was October 3/20 and we postponed to October 2/21. We have a large wedding and knew we couldn't cut down the guest list. I feel so much better now! Late 2021 is a much safer bet.

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi!! I am an October 2, 2020 bride in southwestern Ontario. We really don't want to move our date either, and will probably end up having our wedding either way - whether our whole guest list can attend or whether it will have to be much smaller than anticipated.

I am trying not to let myself worry for another month or so. A friend of mine just got married in BC this past weekend. There they are allowed groups of 50, and as I understood it they had their family etc. be present for the ceremony and lunch party, etc. and then had another 50 people for an evening reception. As far as I've heard, that worked well because then at least 100 people could help celebrate instead of cutting it down to 50.

Wishing you all the best and hoping everything that we are planning is able to go throughSmiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Basically what we’ve been told from our venue is if there’s some type of government restriction on gatherings (ie 50 people only) the venue is technically “failing” to live up to their end of the contract and they have to provide us with another date.

On our end it would be much too hard in any case to reduce our list - would be way too much drama I don’t even want to begin thinking about.
    We actually may postpone to September as of right now our venue doesn’t seem confident in the reopening phases by July. I’d keep waiting and see what summer has in store!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics