Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Seeking An Affordable Venue!

Julia, on August 13, 2018 at 15:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a couple of weeks now and I don't seem to find anything I really can afford.. Can you guys help me out and give me some ideas on where to look or if you are already married where did you have it, also for the others where you are having it!

need help!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Mahsa, on January 20, 2019 at 08:27
  • Mahsa
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Mahsa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi which venues in Woodbridge you found more affordable?
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would actually love a spreadsheet!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good luck! If you have any questions or would like a spreadsheet I made based on the venues I've contacted (compares prices, what's included, etc.) let me know! I'd be happy to share my research Smiley smile

• Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, i haven't but i will now! thanks!

• Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ill will look into it ! thank you for your help girls!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check into local universities! We are getting married at the Diamond Alumni Centre, on the Simon Fraser University campus in Burnaby (Vancouver)... It's $1500 to rent the entire building (upstairs and downstairs, so both ceremony and reception)... School's with event spaces also usually charge the same for the corporate/school events as they do weddings, so drinks, food, etc are not jacked up to "wedding prices". Also, the tables, chairs, linens, glassware and flatware are generally all included.

Also, if we were alumni, it would have been half price rental ($750).. but unfortunately we are not.

I know there is an "alumni centre" at at least 3 different universities here, I'd be surprised if the schools around you didn't have a similar option.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Julia, have you looked North of the city? There's countless options in Vaughan if you're okay with a banquet hall (most-affordable option if you want a multi-course meal with an open bar). We booked ours in Woodbridge and looked at several other places that had very competitive pricing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics