Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Second Marriages

Katherine, on February 3, 2018 at 12:00 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Does anyone have any unique suggestions for a second marriage for myself and my fiancee? Something to incorporate bringing together 2 families. Thanks.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sheena, on January 17, 2019 at 14:25
  • Sheena
    Beginner March 2022 British Columbia
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm trying to come up with ideas as well. We both have children from previous marriages. I have two boys and my fiancé has two girls. The girls will be our flower girls, and the boys will both be ring bearers, one carrying each ring.
    I've heard of grooms giving a ring or necklace to the bride's daughter, but because I have boys that doesn't really work for us. Gonna keep scouring the internet until I find the perfect idea!

• Kat
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it really all depends on their ages for sure. I am having my second wedding and I have a daughter from my first, it's however my hunnys first wedding. My daughter will be our flower girl as she is 7
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about a sand ceremony? I've seen blended family do this together with their shared children. I also love the idea of family vows!

Kids having a sand ceremony Second Marriages 1

A family unity candle Second Marriages 2

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both on our second families. Our kids are In our wedding party. Hadn’t really considered doing anything else as our kids are all in their 20’s or 30.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw a video where the groom said family vows to the bride's children and vice versa the bride to the grooms children. I thought that was beautiful!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics