Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valerie
VIP April 2017 Ontario

Second guessing my invites

Valerie, on November 2, 2016 at 11:00 Posted in DIY 0 17

Heyyy!!!!

So now that I have to start narrowing down the guest list and look at printing my invitations, I am starting to second guess them. I love making cards and I know I can do MORE... but I want to keep them fairly simple so they won't cost a fortune to mail. I love the pocket fold look and having the info cards.. but then I saw these delicate window invites and I'm second guessing that too!
Brutally honest opinions PLEASE... what do you all think? Would you change anything? Should I do the other invites or leave them as is???

Example Window Invite

Example Window Invite

Example Window Invite

Example Window Invite

My Current Invitations...

Invitation Outside

Invitation Outside

17 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on January 18, 2018 at 10:49
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been married for 9 months... thanks for your input but it isn't needed in these old threads the site refuses to let me remove

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your invites look great and wouldn't change a thing. You've put a lot of work into them.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are welcome Valerie. Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Simone!!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Valerie, I like you wedding invitations and honestly o would leave it as is, they look fabulous!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know exactly how that goes. We booked the first venue we toured and I just ordered my dress at my first and now only bridal appointment...I have some FOMO I am working through. Smiley laugh

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Samtam!! I think I just finished them early and see so many others while looking that I was second guessing myself. I had the dress regret for like a week... now invite regret!!!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Eartha! That means a lot

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Em! Haha I don't blame you, other people need inspiration too!! I fully blame Pinterest though!!!!!!!!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura! There are just so many pretty options out there... it's like dress regret for invites Smiley laugh

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your current invitations are gorgeous! They look so luxurious and they do have a bit of the window effect with the fold over. The pockets keep everything nice and neat and together!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valerie!! I always loved the style you chose for your invitations!! Smiley heart I would NEVER second guess them!! They are already amazing! I guess that's what happens when we always look at inspiring ideas... this might be a bit my fault... or Pinterest's Smiley laugh I like Chelsea's idea of maybe trying out a few one, because the window ones are really pretty too. Maybe you could even have different ones for your wedding party and close family than your general invites?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your current invitations look great! I love the colours and the style!

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Valerie
    I feel your dilemma. I have a similar issue. Personally I love what you did with the pockets but the window invites does have a sense of elegance and style to it.
    I would still choose your pocket invites time and time again Smiley laugh
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Chelsea. That is true... but it's a template so it will look pretty darn similar (machine cuts it, not me thankfully). ARG indecision!!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The delicate ones are really nice...

I like the idea of the pocket fold ones, neat, tidy, and you have done a great job with them! But if I were choosing, I think I would vote the lace window options.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally like your current invitations! But if you are second guessing you could always do a couple like the ones above and see how they turn out and maybe that will make it more clear to you which way to go in this situation! You might like how the photos look but maybe not how they actually turn out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics