Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Seating Plan and Vendors?

Jordan, on April 19, 2022 at 11:09 Posted in Wedding reception 1 7

Where are you placing your vendors during the reception? I believe we only have our photographer and our coordinator. I think our DJ will be sitting at his DJ booth but if not he will need a seat. We are including them in our head count for our caterers so they all get a hot meal, I'm just not sure where to seat them. We don't really have enough to need a whole table for our vendors. Do I seat them with guests, spread them out? Our tables seat 6 but will have anywhere from 4-6 at the tables

7 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on April 19, 2022 at 15:49
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most venues will have small tables that typically seat 2-4 that are perfect for a small group of vendors like yours. I would put that table close to the DJ booth.

I personally wouldn't seat them with other guests. They're rarely there anyway so it would just create a hole at a table. And if you have 2-3 out of 6 with your guests, those guests will feel like they're sitting at the vendors table and may feel insulted.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having rectangle tables so they seat 24 and 16, I was able to fit my dj, photographer and videographer and the 24 table.
    Weather they will actually go sit down or not I added them to our seating chart just incase they did want to go sit for dinner.
    I mentioned it to them in a email so they were aware and they were all seemed grateful to have a seat! Also the fact that they are sitting with the guests I think it will just make for good conversation starters about who they are! 😊
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only have our photographer who will need a seat and we are sitting her with my fiances family as their table has an extra seat available and she will be close to the head table
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having to seat ou 2 photographers as well and we'll be siting them just randomly where ever there's an empty seat with our seating chart
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great question we haven’t thought about this, but we think we will be sitting our DJ, photographer, videographer and wedding planner at one table.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too only have a photographer to seat, well technically 2, and I am just throwing them in where I can. My tables are 8 seaters and have a few that have one empty seat, so there they will be haha. From what I have seen at other weddings, the seat is more just a place they can leave some gear, quickly grab a bite to eat, but mostly will be on their feet taking photos.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jordan! Our vendors have requested they not be assigned seats- the photographers asked for a small table for their equipment and will eat there and the dj will eat a secondary table he requested for additional equipment. if that wasn't the case I would have put them at a table closest to their station....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics