Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Seating for photographer

Kelly, on July 26, 2021 at 13:14 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

I have 35 guests attending my wedding which is perfect for tables being 5 tables of 6 and the head table with 5. So the question I have is what do I do with my photographer? Do I put him on the outside with a not so formal table? Not feed him?

I do not want to squeeze an extra body into a table so guests are uncomfortable.

What would be proper?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bill, on April 3, 2022 at 07:57
  • Kelly
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone.
    We decided to put the MC at the head table to make room for him at a table.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You must feed your photographer! I would have a seat for them at the reception for dinner. My fiance and I have to do that with our two photographers since we have them for 12 hours. We will have a reserved seats for them. If you're having a hard time finding a seat for them, don't worry too much about it. They will only be there to literally eat and then they will be photographing your evening. Don't sweat the small things!

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having the same issue. My photographer package has 2 photographers. I have just enough seating at tables for guest only. My contract requires me to feed them which of course I would but I don’t have anywhere for them to sit. In the contract it says they need to be to the left or right of the head table. I also don’t have any other vendors for them to sit with. I’m at a loss of what to do too.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely feed your photographer. I would highly recommend NOT putting them outside of the main room. You can't blame them for missing shots when you force them to eat in an area outside where the action is.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely agree with Stacey! Most photographers are spending the day with you and are constantly running around all day making sure that you have as many photos as possible and catching as many special moments as they can, so I feel feeding them is necessary. Most will also state that they require a meal in the contract that you signed when you agreed to work with them. As for seating them, that's entirely up to you, most weddings that I've been to the couple put them with whatever other vendors that were there as well such as videographer, planner, etc. If you don't have a designated table for vendors and don't feel you have room for them at a guest table then maybe ask them what they would prefer? We had just 14 guests plus our photographer and had a long harvest table and put her at the end so she could get up when she felt she needed to to get a particular picture.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You absolutely must feed your photographer! (sorry not meaning to come across harsh)

It's not necessary for them to sit with everyone else, your photographer is there to photograph the event so a table to the side is fine because if they get up to get some photos they won't disturb others. I'd ask your photographer where they normally eat.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics