Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia

Seating chart woes - Guests with the same name

Michelle, on June 3, 2019 at 10:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

So we've got a couple of guests with the exact same name and we are wondering how to avoid confusion on the seating chart?

Our videographer and my uncle have the same name and my Future Mother in Law and my Fiancé's aunt also share their name. None of these people will be sitting at the same table so how do I avoid people sitting in the wrong seat?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:43
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you put a bracket around their name to say like spouse of X or mother of X.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe print out wallet sized pictures with the table and stuff and put them in cute little stands. That way you know exactly who is who.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For your videographer and uncle you could either put "videographer" in brackets beside the name or you could put "Uncle ___" for your FMIL you could also put "Mother of the Groom" in brackets beside it?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The way the seating chart can be less confusing is by putting the couples name as one so this way its clear and whom is seating at a particular table. Your uncle (same as photographers name) and aunt with their last name as one, the same for your MIL and FIL to put their names. The same goes for FHs aunt and uncle.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was about to say exactly what Kim did. Use a middle initial, or their relationship. But you can also have someone in the wedding party assisting people at the seating chart.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you having a bridal party? If so, you could assign one of your bridesmaids to help people with the seating chart (just be sure they know who they’re looking for).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you by chance having name cards? That would make it really easy to just put "Videographer" under the name and "Mother of the Groom" under your FMIL? It would also work out if your FMIL, Uncle and Aunt have partners because they would then know that they are the one sitting with that person.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do they have middle names so you can add their initial? If not, perhaps adding their description after their name ("John Smith, Uncle"; "Mary Jones, Mother") would work?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics