Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted July 2019 Ontario

Seating Arrangements

Donna, on July 1, 2019 at 17:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16

If I could say anything this was one of the hardest things putting together. I changed it so so so many times.

I find funny about this is I'm closer to some of my co-workers then some of our families. So of course I put them ahead. I got a request from one of Daniel's family members if I could move them closer, we chuckled about it

lol. It was his Nephew the one we hardly see and just leaving him at the same table,. Anyone will just have to wait till someone leaves to get a better seat. Not no way am I changing this seating now. silly people can be

16 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on July 5, 2019 at 22:11
  • C
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm labeling all my guests by personality types and family status and the ability to get along with others. Red flag guests will be set apart from all other red flag guests. I wont pair singles with full blown families because I want ppl to have smtg in common when they meet each other at the tables. My goal is to place 1-2 out going bubbly guests with other neutral type personalities. Pair singles with ppl they know, and pair ppl in similar life situations together. And of course keep social shy guests with other neutral personalities as well. I'll see how it goes as I'm in the thick of it now. I want everyone to feel comfortable and be encouraged to have a good time.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did organize the tables the same way to have family upfront of both sides with cousins, aunts/uncles, and cousins with kids on two different tables. Rest were 2nd family with wedding party partial, husbands workplace, rest were our friends.

It worked out perfect and well that no one complained and enjoyed themselves.

• Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t worry so much about “where” (other than parents) as much as who everyone was with and if they’d like them. Wedding wire is pretty great to play around with seating so as soon as invitations went out I started creating tables and as a few people decline reorganized. I also didn’t number the tables when doing but labelled by group (cousins or university etc) and it didn’t seem too bad.
  • Tracy
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For the weddings ive been to.. its first come first serve kind of deal.. other than the wedding party and parents of each partner, which are all seated at the main table.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like this idea
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes see mingling after dinner that's awesome did the @ my nieces Wedding years ago. Got to meet different people.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed
    seating plan and guest list were the hardest parts for me.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not one single person has asked where they are sitting or who they will be sitting with. Its quite nice because I just started the seating chart and I don't want everyones opinion Haha! if you have small kids, you'll be closer to the back and some of our friends are right up front before distant relatives, and in all honesty.. people will move around after supper and that's totally fine with me! Smiley smile i love that people think that someone would change their whole seating chart because they didn't want to sit too close to another person or by the door. lol

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I joked with my FH and said that we should seat them as the rsvps come in. So if you are first, you get seated at top tables, you get in last you get last tables. After reading about how stressed out people get, I'm tempted to actually do it. Lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Silly people yes! LOL. Seating arrangement can be tricky because of family and friends in the manner you want to have closer and then further.

However some guests feel they need to be closer, don't get first pick. Its terrible how some family members will do ask and think its possible. Your sticking to your guns and getting things done accordingly to your best choices.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one thing I will find so difficult to do! Not looking forward to it, I won't be sharing it ahead of time though for this reason as people can be difficult.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh, everyone has got their opinions on where they want to sit! In an effort to make my FMIL feel included, I told her I'd need her "help" with FH's family on the seating chart. Well, goodness gracious, she had issues with quite and bit and I had to explain to her several times the difference between "assigned tables" (what we're doing) and "assigned seats" (NOT what we're doing).

I'm definitely done including others in my planning process and you should be too!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not looking forward to the seating plan lol. We are doing assigned tables not seats, so That’s a little easier. But making sure everyone is with their family or close is going to be hard.
    It will only be me doing the seating plan, so hopefully that eliminates some stress
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m dreading the seating arrangements! Good for you for sticking to your guns and keeping to your seating plan how you like it!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is exactly why things shouldn't be shared 😂 Some people - they think they know you best or something when in reality you've seen them twice in your life! Mine will be all set up by me and my FH and you better believe that our friends will have just as good if not better seating then our great aunts and uncles.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found the seating arrangements to be quite daunting. So we completely bailed on it. Decided to have servers walking around with finger foods instead of a sit down dinner so that we don't have to make a seating chart. Haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics