Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dawn
Frequent user July 2018 Ontario

Seating

Dawn, on May 29, 2017 at 21:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hey! I have a question about seating plans... we're torn between a traditional headtable and a sweetheart table. what are your thoughts?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 09:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sweerheart over head table with the wedding party. My parents don't like sitting up front which is understandable. It was easy to say for us tp be decided on my parents decision.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a sweetheart table and a kings table.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a sweetheart table for the exact same reasons! I am also hoping to have a couple extra chairs at the sweetheart table so that people can feel welcome to come and chat with us if we sit down for a minute without having to kneel on the floor. Smiley heart

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH hates the idea of it just being us up there, we're not really the all attention on us couple, so we are doing the traditional head table with our wedding party (so they can be on display with us LOL), It's also what works the best at our venue.

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think sweetheart tables can be super romantic Smiley smile And a nice way for you two to get a little one on one time throughout the craziness (Even if there is a bunch of people looking at you, haha) And if it works better for your situation, you should totally go for it!

FH and I are doing a Kings table for our head table (Us at the head, then wedding party down the sides - Ill attach a pic), simply because that's what works best with our venue layout! Plus I kind of like it because it's a mix between a sweetheart table and a traditional head table.

Head Table

• Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He likes either idea. because it would be us and our parents rather than our wedding party at our "traditional" headtable it will be off balance because I have 3 sets of parents to his one. so we're leaning towards a sweetheart table... I think...
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dawn, Happy to read your discussion. What is your future husbands opinion? I made this discussion with inspiration: Sweetheart Table Inspiration. I hope you like it. xx

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a sweetheart table. We both decided that it would be one of the few times we could be together just the two of us in the evening and it allows the wedding party to sit with their SO and all together.

I think it is ultimately up to you and your fiancé as your personal preference, wedding size and venue will play a part in your seating arrangement.

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a sweetheart table and then family style seating for everyone else. We are not doing assigned tables. Where ever they want to sit is fine with me.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having just us two at the table. We wanted our party to be able to sit with their SO's and also I have family that don't get along do having the wedding party sit amongst everyone else helps me with the seating chart and now have g to sit certain people together haha. Just do whatever works best for you and is easiest for you!
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having neither... I have a couple of friends that are single and will be running chores for me... They will sit with us, as well as his son and date... Our bridal party will sit with their families... The table will be round like the others... We haven't decided if we will sit towards a window or in the middle of the room.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having the bridal party sit with us. At first I just wanted a sweetheart table but FH preferred being all together. They're only sitting with us for the meal but are free to roam around to meet up with their significant others and mingle! We're doing a brunch buffet-style so it's not as if they have to sit through several courses of food without their partners
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding party has requested to sit with their significant others, so our "traditional" headtable will be with our parents.
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding party has requested to sit with their significant others, so if we do a "traditional" headtable it would be with our parents sitting with us.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was leaning towards a sweetheart table but then I thought it would probably be easier to have the wedding party all together. I'm not 100% sure yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics