Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Newbie November 2019 Quebec

Seat covers or no?

Jade, on July 31, 2019 at 08:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16
Hello! I hope you can help me out!

This is a picture of our venue with the chairs. Our colors are burgundy, peach and white (with silver/gold). I can’t decide whether or not to have seat covers because I think the chairs seem too dark for the venue, but at the same time, seat covers can be expensive and be inconvenient.

What do you think? Thank you for your input!

Seat covers or no? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:02
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you can afford it i would totally do seat covers! they will also make the whole room pop. the white would like nice!

• P
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seat covers, white would really brighten up the place. You dont want your pictures to look too dark. Just image looking at your photos and seeing in the pictures of those chairs in the background and if you arent too crazy about them then could bug you later and may wish you did have covers.
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely do seat covers!
  • Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely seat covers will make your ceremony feel more memorable heartwarming!
  • Ss
    Beginner January 2022 Ontario
    Ss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have hideous steel folding chairs that come with our ceremony venue. We found a great deal on FB marketplace and someone was selling 100 qty. (used one time) for significantly less than rental price.

Take some time and hunt down some covers ☺️
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would add the seat covers if you can budget for them. It’ll make the room come together.
  • Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say if you can work it into your budget, I would add seat covers! Try wedding buy & sell groups on FB. I've found soo many things second hand through there for my wedding to help cut costs.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wish shopping app has some cheaper chair covers! Smiley smile

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is very similar, dark room and forest green chairs, we have opted to rent chair covers to brighten it up. I did the research and this is the cheapest way to go, bringing in more lights(battery operated candles) and renting chairs for 2 day (wedding on a sunday and monday is a holiday) the costs were just adding up

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for looks sake I would get the covers or like how Becky mentioned look into the cost of renting white ones if that's a possibility.

• Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I think the chairs are a bit too dark as well. It can be expensive for chair covers so I would maybe opt for like a nice decoration on the back of the chairs with white like a ribbon or something simple like that could work.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm.... the chairs are a bit dark for your colours. If you can find a good deal on chair covers then I say go for it, or if you can rent lighter chairs.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely do seat covers to brighten things up
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What if you made a few aisle decorations for each end or down the middle to brighten it up? There are lots of DIY that can be done on a budget.... there are ones you can make on a pedestal that you can put tap lights in maybe more light would help and not be as expensive as chair covers.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would you be able to rent white chairs instead? Or would the seat covers be cheaper? I believe the white would really help with brightening the room like Lisa mentioned.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that the chairs are a bit dark. I usually feel as though covers are a waste of money, but I think it would make a big difference in this case!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics