Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Beginner October 2019 Ontario

Seamstress recommendations in the gta ?

Megan, on October 26, 2018 at 07:56 Posted in Ontario 0 3
I found a dress I really love at David’s Bridal, however, there is a possibility of them going bankrupt due to a missed loan payment of $270 million. I was thinking of ordering it on my own online and taking it to a seamstress aside from David’s bridal as I do not want them to hang onto my dress when they may go bankrupt. Does anyone know of an experienced seamstress in the GTA I can take my dress to? The dress is very detailed with lace, buttons, sheer illusion back etc. I would appreciate any recommendations!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on October 31, 2018 at 10:26
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Megan,

I've heard a ton of suggestions for seamstresses but 2 that keep coming up who are apparently amazing are

Sarah the Village Seamstress - http://www.lvseamstress.com/

Caroline Yoon from Champagne and Cupcakes. Apparently she is AMAAAAAAAAZING I keep hearing so much about her dealing with very intricate dresses. - http://www.champagneandcupcakes.ca/

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't tried them personally but I was recommended a few times to check out Love My Dress! I've been kn their website only and read reviews and it seems good!! Sorrybi dont have much more!
    I head about David's Bridal.... I hope they figure things out I really wanted to get my bridesmaids dresses from there.....
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is kind of scary... I'm super glad I got all my girls bridesmaid dresses in hand before hearing this news!!! Eep. No wonder 2 out of 3 dresses were the last one of that colour/size in North America.....

I'm not from Ontario, so I don't know specific seamstresses, but I would suggest looking into the other reputable bridal salons in your area. Contrary to popular belief, the cost for alterations at a store that sells expensive dresses isn't necessarily expensive! My salon in Vancouver is charging $15 for sewn-in cups, and will taken in my heavily detailed bodice for under $100.

I'm just not sure if all salons will do dresses not purchased through them, so you'd have to double check with that.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics