Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Seamstress in Ottawa

Daily, on May 30, 2022 at 19:23 Posted in Ontario 0 17
Hi my future brides!! I came back from my seamstress today and my heart is broken! To hem my wedding dress will cost 600!! It’s over my budget. I don’t know what to do!! Any suggestions my ottawa brides?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on June 12, 2022 at 16:52
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Stacey!!🤗
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Weird - it posted a few times and the link didn't show.

The place is called Martino's Bridal and she now works out of her home.

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you found anyone yet, but here is a link to my seamstress - she is AMAZING! Her name is Teresa.

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you found anyone yet, but here is a link to my seamstress - she is AMAZING! Her name is Teresa.

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Amanda🤗😍
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Alyx. I can’t think of spending 600 to get it hem😭😭😭 I’m so discouraged. I know a lady who used to work at my work place and will see if I can do it for me and ask her how much she will charge me. My other option is to go to the lady who used to do my sister wedding dress 3 years ago. Aww thanks!! At this point I’ll just wear the dress without getting it hemmed
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ouch!! That’s pricey!
    This is what I did, instead of going to big seamstress cooperation or the in house seamstress I took it to a little old lady in my town. (Obviously read reviews haha) she does tons and tons of wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses just out of her home. I wanted to double check so I posted on my town Facebook page and asked who is the best seamstress for wedding dresses and 8 people posted her name lol she really is that good! You’d be surprised what those little old ladies can do!!
    And she’s so sweet, kind and soooo inexpensive, thank goodness lol!
    If your going to take this route obviously do some digging, make sure your getting the best little old lady in your town haha! But I’m so glad I took this route!
    Btw I love your dress it’s so pretty 🤩
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!! August is for sure going to be here before we know it!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thank you!! And you’re very welcome. Aww I’m sure you can’t wait. August will be here before we know it. Can’t wait to see you on hour big day!!😍😍🤗 I feel better. I can’t fathom to spent 600 more on top of the price I paid for the dress already.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwwwe I'm honored to be the first! Thank you for showing me! Smiley heart

I think then if you're wearing those shoes, don't waste your money on getting it hemmed.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to have it back in my hands mid July! I can't wait to finally wear it this summer!! I haven't shown anyone that's going to the wedding of what my dress looks like either! only my coworkers, my mom and dad and my MOH know what it looks like. I'm keeping it a secret until the big day

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks Amanda!😍😍 you are the first to see it on WeddingWire. I didn’t show much people on this dress. Trying to surprise my husband and family and friends. My mother in law and mother, sister seen it before. And yes in the picture, I wore a heel that will be wear on my wedding day. I love your dress as well. Made perfect for you!! This dress was the second dress the consultant brings out and as soon as I saw it on the hanger, I know it was the one!! I think I’ll tell my kids in the future, don’t get the details at the bottom because it’ll cost too much to get it hemmed😂😂😂😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

First off, WOW!!!! I love your dress!! You honestly look stunning in it!!! I honestly think the length is ok. You said you're wearing your shoes in the picture? and if you can walk in it without tripping over it, i wouldn't worry about spending the money on that.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I try to walk and see if it will look nice. Everything fit like a glove! It’s a tight fit when trying to zip up almost get scared. But that’s the dress so it suppose to be tight fit. Seamstress in Ottawa 1
    Seamstress in Ottawa 2
    This was with my heels at the bridal shop. Wow!! That’s about a bad price. I was thinking 300-400. But 600 is kind of over my budget. I’m so discouraged now. I know the details of the bottom of lace is alot of work. But at TBH’s light is not worth it anymore. This is my second dress and it was over 2000. I’ll get it back next week and see how I walk on it. If I can then I’ll just wear it as it is. What do you think of the length?

• Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! That sucks! Oh that's good though! Maybe post in your local facebook groups and see if someone has some recommendations

I went in a month ago and i'm lucky that my wedding shoes are the perfect length that I don't need any hemming and since I've gained weight since I bought my dress 3 years ago I don't need any work done on the body of it. Only the straps need to be taken in, bra cups sewed in and my bustle to be added. $375 for all

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No unfortunately they no longer do that. But they had some recommendations. I should’ve went to the one my sister went three years ago. At this point, I’ll just wear the dress like that! However, I did do the sew in bra and that’s $45.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG! That's a crazy amount for just a hem!

Have you tried where you got your wedding dress from? Maybe they do in house alterations

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics