Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

School sweethearts ✏️❤️

Joey, on October 18, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9

Who is getting ready to marry their school sweetheart? Did you meet each other in school and reconnect later in life? Have you been dating ever since school? In what grade or year did you meet?

Did you and your sweetie fall in love at school?

School sweethearts ✏️❤️ 1

Photo by Keemera in Edmonton

9 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 28, 2023 at 15:25
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met during our first year of university and have been dating ever since. We just got engaged and we will be getting married in 2 years.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I married my high school sweetheart! Haha. We met in September 2007 (grade 9) and have been dating since that November. I was 14, he was 15. We’re just shy of 11 years together Smiley heart
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cam & I met in high school in grade 10. We were friends of friends for 2 years, then started dating 2 months before I was set to move out West (my family was military). We made long distance work for a year, and when I moved back, he moved in and we have been living together ever since!
  • Candace
    Beginner August 2019 New Brunswick
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've been together since grade 11(2002)
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met later in life. We've both joked that we wouldn't have dated or hung out back in high school, because we were from totally different circles.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in grade 2! Seriously lol. We became friends and we were actually “boyfriend and girlfriend” all of grade 5. Haha. Well, as much as you can consider that dating. Lol. There is a class photo somewhere in our house from grade 5 or 6 on a field trip that we are in.

We stayed friends up until high school (we went to different high schools). We still talked when we seen eachother, and occasionally partied together. After high school we would run into eachother and chat, but it wasn’t often. He got married and had a daughter, and I had two daughters and our kids ended up going to the same daycare. So we talked all the time when we seen eachother there. He was just going through a divorce and I was getting out of a relationship. We started hanging out again and the rest is history.

We actually talked about it this morning!! We were laughing because grade 5 is 25years ago for us! Our song was pearl jam, better man! We laughed about how it’s such a terrible song for a couple to have haha (lyrics wise)
    I have always had such a huge amount of respect for my FH. He was always the nice guy. The guy I asked about when I would talk to mutual friends. We had such a big support system when we starting dating. We knew each other’s moms. All of our school friends thought is was amazing. Even though it’s been 10 years, we still have people say “you guys were so meant to be”
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH is 5 1/2 years older than me so it would be weird/illegal for us too!

My friend and her FH met in grade 9 (2009) and have started dating that summer in 2010. They've been together 8 years now and will be dating 9 years at their wedding. It is cute since they are the same age lol

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met while in University and were part of the same extended friend group. We were both in relationships with other people at the time though. We reconnected as old classmates through Facebook about 12 years later and started a long distance relationship about a year after that.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean no - because that would be weird seeing as how he is 7 and a half years older than me... but I LOVE the idea that if you did meet them in school that you could have a picture like that with a school bus that has your school division on it! That would be so cool!!

But ya.... even if he was in grade 12 he would have been 17/18 and I would have been 10/11 and in grade 5/6.... so not exactly the best idea for us to have started dating... We joke about that movie Project Almanac where one of the main character said something along the lines of "If I could go back in time, I would meet you sooner so we could be together". My FH DOES NOT want to meet me sooner as it would have been straight up illegal. Quite weird when you think about it Smiley atonished

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics