Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Curious May 2024 Ontario

Scavenger Hunt Proposal Advice - Unique Proposal Ideas

Veronica, on October 26, 2020 at 20:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11

Has anyone experienced or been part of a scavenger hunt proposal? I'm helping my best friend's boyfriend with his proposal to her and am looking for some advice on how to make this really special for her. She loves puzzles and is a huge fan of escape rooms so I think she will love the idea of a scavenger hunt proposal. He bought a romantic scavenger hunt kit called Scavenger Box that gives him a bunch of romantic themed puzzles, rose petals and candles, and clue cards that he can personalize.

He is planning to have the scavenger hunt start at their house and have each clue/puzzle relate to a special memory from their relationship where the final clue ends at the park where they had their first date. This is where he will be waiting to propose to her. He wants me to be with her while she completes the hunt so that I can capture her journey via pictures/videos each step of the way and update him on her progress.

Has anyone either planned or been proposed to using a scavenger hunt before? If you have any tips for us please let us know! I'm trying to help him think of more ways to make this really memorable for her and other romantic ideas he could incorporate into the hunt.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on October 30, 2020 at 16:31
  • V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I'm excited for her to experience it. This is the final lockbox that came in his scavenger hunt kit which she will need to unlock and then inside he will put the last clue leading her to the park where he will propose.

Scavenger Hunt Proposal Advice - Unique Proposal Ideas 1

• Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No advice but this is adorable!!!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it was nice to have him there he liked to see my reactions! And hmmm this was quite a while ago but I want to say about 1 hr ish. It depends which places you are going to. We are from Niagara Falls so everything is relatively close so not sure where they are located. And no actually he had gone about 1hr prior to picking me up and taped the clue and the letter. It def was risky in public places like the restaurant and high school but he taped them well enough and hidden enough to not be in the public eye for too long. But if they have access to people that can wait at the spot its safer for sure hahaha
  • V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW this is so cute! I love that you found a letter each step of the way that was the final puzzle for the word scramble. And it's cute that he was with you during the scavenger hunt too. In total from start to finish, approximately how long did it take? Also when you got to each location was there someone waiting there to give you the next clue?

• V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I think she will absolutely love it - I just want to make sure it goes smoothly!

• V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I think it's a really cute and unique idea too and she loves stuff like this. Yeah the romantic scavenger hunt kit he bought gives some suggestions of little rhymes he can use to lead her from one place/puzzle to another, but he is planning to customize it a bit so he can lead her to special places that are meaningful to them like where they had their first kiss.

• V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, great point! Haha we definitely want to make sure she arrives on time.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not my proposal but my promposal 😂 my husband did this for me and it was the best. He picked me up and gave me the first clue. They were all riddles leading us to spots/people that meant something to us. So as soon as I got the clue I just told him where to drive. So spots included our first date restaurant, our high school, his house, my house and my sister gave me the last clue. At each spot he had placed a cardboard wrapped in garbage bag I did not know what was in them until the end when he told me I had collected them all. After I had them all he drove to the park for me to open the bags up. Turns out each cardboard was a letter cut out in puzzle like shape so when I put the puzzle together it said PROM?

And yes the riddles were fairly easy except the last one it took me a while and I got frustrated 😂
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds so adorable! I have not but that sounds way too cute! Good luck
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is so cute!

I went to uni with someone whose husband did this. She absolutely loved it! I agree with Hank, don't make it too difficult. She will probably know what's going on and the excitement might make her less able to focus if it's hard. Are the clues going to be little rhymes or riddles?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My suggestion is to not make the puzzle difficult. You want her to get to where she's supposed to go. lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics