Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie June 2024 Alberta

Saying Vows at Church Ceremony?

Chantelle, on January 16, 2023 at 13:14 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

So my fiancé and I are really wanting to have our wedding ceremony at our church. We basically had all of our Catholic sacraments up until this point. Also had all our graduations at this church (elementary, junior high and high school). It holds a lot of history for us. However, we found out that at a Catholic church, we cannot recite our personal vows. Which kind of sucks, because we have always talked about writing our own vows and reciting it to each other, especially in front of our loved ones.

Now my question is, would it be odd to say it at the reception? We would do it during our speech at the end. Any thoughts or other ideas?

Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on January 20, 2023 at 11:27
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are having speeches at your reception you could incorporate your personal vows within the speeches

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird at all its a great compromise to have the best of both worlds and as long as you are both comfortable with it i would say have at it its your day and no ones negative opinions are worth your time or energy and they can go find less Smiley smile

• Jasmine
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's your reception... you get to do whatever you like, odd or not! Smiley smile You could also begin with the exchange of vows, then the toast, then the reception.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People have been doing their first look and at the same time reading their own vows just for this reason. Could be an option. You could do it at the reception, but keep in mind it's already going to be a busy reception with speeches, mingling, dancing, cake cutting you may not have the time.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is your next best option considering you cannot say it at the church and you are set on having ceremony there. I think it would be beautiful and work out just fine Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics