Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Frequent user April 2017 Quebec

Sand ceremony alternative with origami

Leah, on March 31, 2017 at 21:05 Posted in DIY 0 7
Finished enough origami lucky stars to use for our ceremony (we have 5 kids between us). My oldest daughter wanted the sand ceremony after seeing it at a wedding in 2013 but I decided on stars to keep with out them and to keep costs down. Took 3 days for me and my colleague to do them all. They'll be placed by individual colour in a mason jar that has a name on it so we can then put them in this vase at the end of the ceremony.

Sand ceremony alternative with origami - 1

Sand ceremony alternative with origami - 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 16, 2018 at 22:20
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Different concept of origami ceremony and colourful too. Seems kid friendly at the same time.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Leah,

That looks so nice!!! Smiley heart It's like a personal touch to the wedding. Smiley flower

Maybe you can share it in this discussion, as an inspiration for the other brides-to-be.

DIY decorations inspiration

I can't wait to hear more about your ideas for your wedding!

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was not as much work as I thought. I did a bunch during my kids' karate class and taught some little girls how to do them. I have an aid in my class so I've shown her how to do paper cranes and the stars (the stars we first used as part of a lesson back in January) so we have stacks of paper on my desk and we just fold paper while walking around the classroom helping students. And they ask a lot of questions (in English since I teach ESL to French kids) so it helps a lot with their oral communication.

We had a full day yesterday at work with no prep time so we got a lot of stars done.

I still have a few other projects to finish up this weekend with my kids. During the week I need to focus on work so the week after I can finish the final prep stuff and relax if possible! 14 days to go!!!!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So much work... Very cool
  • C
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Cristal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love that!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So well done and unique!! Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! I love that it is something different and unique for your own family!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics